• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Replacement Battery for my Nytro

turboyammy

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Billings
So what is the consensus? I need to replace my stock battery and don't mind a stock replacement but if something lighter and just as RELIABLE is out there, I'd go that direction

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
Lighter is not more reliable, but is lighter.

The lithium ion batteries will run you about $220 to $240 for a comparable replacement, but they don't always start the best in cold sub zero temps. I have had one for 3 years in my sled with no problems, but I plug it into the battery tender when not riding it.

adairtd1

Lifetime Membership
Oct 23, 2011
La Grande, Oregon
My antigravity battery completely refused to take a charge anymore, and after sending it in they said it was damaged. They did offer me one at a highly reduced rate, but if it happens again I am going to be looking for something else.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
My antigravity battery completely refused to take a charge anymore, and after sending it in they said it was damaged. They did offer me one at a highly reduced rate, but if it happens again I am going to be looking for something else.
Did they offer any insight into how the battery was DAMAGED????

adairtd1

Lifetime Membership
Oct 23, 2011
La Grande, Oregon
Did they offer any insight into how the battery was DAMAGED????

"overcharged" was what the technician told me, but I had been using their recommended procedure for charging and maintaining the battery, and only used the charger that they sell. I did notice it about a week after the 3 year warranty expired, and I had been doing the same procedure the entire time I have owned it.

The battery also got very swollen, and was starting to expand pretty badly.

The replacement will be here tomorrow, so I can get it installed in the Nytro and be running again. But I am going to keep an eye on it.

Premium Features