• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New outer skags on ski are great

P

PalousePoo

Nov 26, 2007
Farmington, Wash.
Was riding yesterday on snow that had been rained on and then frozen very hard. I have a 2015 ST. Sidehilled on a fairly steep hill, and found the ski held perfectly. It bite into that concrete and didn't wash out, allowing you to turn uphill too. Very impressed with that new outer skag!
On the subject of the ski, I just had to buy a whole new ski for my 2013 ST because it was so worn and scratched from coming and going in low snow conditions. When riding in wet snow, the scratches were causing snow to stick to the under side of the ski and plug it up each time you stopped. Very frustrating when you go to take off and there is no steering and all you can do is tip over. My point is to take care of your ski bottom because they aren't cheap!

A

Adobe-Al

Nov 9, 2008
Montrose,Co
How did the rest of your 2015 ST kit compare to your 2013 St Kit? Also did the skag take out some of those front ski mystery moves on hard pack?

mrquick68

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2004
Kirkland, WA
How did the rest of your 2015 ST kit compare to your 2013 St Kit? Also did the skag take out some of those front ski mystery moves on hard pack?

great question. i'm hoping to hear some more ride reports from the 15 kit.

I haven't ridden my 15 kit yet, but my 14 kit with the new outer skags was awesome. With the old skags the ski would wander around a little when leaned over, with the new skags it stays nice a straight. They're a great upgrade to the older kits too.

P
Nov 28, 2007
Yukon Canada
I use a triple point as a Center runner -- way better in low snow conditions
(I got it for Arcticman where there is very litle snow arround the camping area)

It does perform very well all around I wish they would make them for the

outside as well that would be the perfect set up for all around riding The grip is amazing when leaned over.

Just my Opinion :face-icon-small-hap

P

PalousePoo

Nov 26, 2007
Farmington, Wash.

I didnt jump on and off the two bikes to compare the kits. I will next ride. Ski tracked very straight on the icy trail.

W
Mar 13, 2013
Kirkland
I had the '13 kit with original center skag only - not the dual skag they had just come out with. Rode a buddy's '13 kit with dual skag keel and it was a massive improvement - less terrifying darting all over the trail. Then I rode a demo '15 kit...and immediately sold my '13 kit late in '14 season while I still could. The difference is that vast, as the '15 kit handles 100% better all around, major redesign in almost every way. Also got rid of my big bore wide ratio tranny enduro bike and went with 450 MX setup - which is another topic, but totally related to how well any kit will ride.

Premium Features