• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Signs your Fuel Filter Needs Replacement

X

XP Summit

Nov 26, 2007
Minneapolis, MN
What have you guys experienced on your Pro's that indicated your fuel filter needed to be replaced vs just doing so out of annual maintenance?

example
"Sled was doing X and I couldn't figure out why Z was happening so I decided to change the fuel filter and BINGO, I have my sled back"

I look forward to hearing your experience's

Cheers
Shawn

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
Most of the time I see the sled cutting out on top end or not achieving full rpm when the clutching has not changed and the components are all fine. Simple way to check to fuel filter is to clean it off and blow through it. It should have almost no restriction. If you get resistance at all, even if air goes through it fine, it has blockage and should be replaced.

I would agree with you that it should be an annual service item.

retiredpop

Lifetime Membership
Jul 3, 2001
Calgary
Not a lot of symptoms until it leans out and burns down. You're better off to just change it after X amount of miles whether that is a yearly thing or whatever.

goforbroke

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Highland, UT
Just changed mine on a 2014 pro 600 with 2500 miles. The old one still blew through with ease so not sure it was needed. Wasn't to hard of a job thanks to the write up in this section.

JonezyBones

Lifetime Membership
Jan 17, 2008
Colorado
I was getting DET code at mid throttle going down the trail. Also would cut out on me when taking off. Changed the filter and haven't had any of those issues since.

I changed mine at 1400 miles and she was fairly dirty. I think the manual is pretty spot on with changing it every 1000 miles.

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
Since 11, I've seen them with little resistance after 1000 miles, and with significant resistance, same 1000 miles or less. Only non-eth premium. I change them at least once every season, or ~1000 miles, whichever comes first. Prefer to do it with fall prep, best time, since I always seem to have it torn down to at least the lower airbox after the riding season, anyways. But it's not that hard to do anytime. FWIW.

Premium Features