• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New snowmobile rack utilizing LINQ mounts

M

Mountain_Man

Apr 17, 2014
Western Montana
I made some prototype rack extensions the other day to hold a pile of snow on the tunnel hoping it would help a lot with cooling in the marginal conditions. Most times snow just slides off once you get moving and I wanted to see just how much better it would be if the snow stayed on. I have one test ride so far, probably in a couple of days I'll be out again. There's still snow to ride around here, if one can get to it.

16523462109_1567e63d34_b.jpg

snow-doo

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 7, 2008
Atascadero Ca
Storage rack

Nice idea, The thought of getting storage up off of heat exchanger is great. Have a t3 163 with linq system back pack, it sits right on the tunnel and with only half heat exchanger it does not like. We experimented in marginal snow by taking it off and it help. The 2016 has a full heat exchanger. I would be interested in one of these. Please contact me @805-441-0761 .Thanks

rab

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
hi,

what's the total length of the double rack ?

How high above the cooler is the base of the rack ?

thanks

M

Mountain_Man

Apr 17, 2014
Western Montana
hi,

what's the total length of the double rack ?

How high above the cooler is the base of the rack ?

thanks

The overall length of the double rack is 22.822". The clearance height above the tunnel is .7" when it is installed as in the last pictures and 1.76" when installed like in the first pictures.

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
Did this ever happen? I am looking for a plate to attach my bag to, so I can swap the assembly out between sleds. 13 and 14 my Doo slim soft bag didn't damage the tunnel, last year both my sleds started to show powdercoat/paint wear on top pretty quick, I want to be able to get the bag off the tunnel. I really don't want sides sticking up to catch myself on when I ragdoll though.

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
I saw that someone already asked about the Lava color.
Let me know if you have black or raw in stock, I will order.
Chris

Premium Features