• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

GGB Cans

M

mtnjunkie

Mar 2, 2008
I have the mountain can on my T3 but it's just a bit loud for me. Most of the time I don't mind but by the end of the day I'm over it. Anyone wanna buy it?

Steelman

Lifetime Member
Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2009
snowexhaust.ggb.ca
I want to post this up so if anyone has any questions on which one to buy. We have two sounds to choose from. We have one for the people that like a loud can and we have one for the noise restricted areas and those that do not want to have the sound.

Mountain Can:
This muffler is a super lightweight, straight through flow design with an aggressive exhaust note. System fits securely in the stock location using stock mounts and is guaranteed to provide performance levels as good as or better than stock.
GGB Mountain mufflers are designed to be used in areas where increased sound levels are not an issue. These cans are loud when you open the throttle. Please use accordingly. Sound level increase over stock (dbA) Idle + 4-6 / Under load + 10-18.

Trail Can:
Lightweight muffler with a trail tuned muscle sound. Neighbour friendly and in most applications will meet SAE J2567 stationary test of 88 db, 4 meters away. System fits securely in the original location using stock mounts and is guaranteed to provide performance levels as good as or better than stock.
GGB Trail mufflers are specifically designed for use in populated areas and where sound levels are strictly enforced. Sound level increase over stock: (dbA) Idle + 3-6 / Under load + 3-6.

GGB Advantage
Same day shipping
Performance Guarantee
Increased throttle response
Tuned muscle exhaust note or Aggressive exhaust note
Lightweight Design
No fuel mods
No Codes
Simple install
Secure fit

Fuel and clutching mods are not necessary prior to installation. GGB two stroke mufflers are flow benched developed for back pressure against the stock muffler and will perform efficiently in any application where the stock muffler would be used. Both Mountain and Trail models are guaranteed to provide performance levels as good as or better than stock.

If anyone has any questions, let us know and we would be happy to help you decide what can would be best. We can also get you in contact with one of our dealers that would be happy to answer any of your questions as well.

Thanks,
GGB Exhaust

B
Feb 19, 2008
Summit co.CO
I have the trail can on my 13 summit.
I've got about 6 rides on it now. No codes and a nice fit. It's a nice can for the money. In a side by side comparison with the same sled with the stock can ( both sleds are bone stock) it is defenatly louder at idle and a lot louder at WOT. It's not crazy loud but side by side the trail can is considerably louder than stock.
I ride at 10k - 12k feet and I did have to clicker up from 4 to 5 to get correct RPM.
Also I was able to mount my hot dog cooker!

C
I have the trail can on my 13 summit.
I've got about 6 rides on it now. No codes and a nice fit. It's a nice can for the money. In a side by side comparison with the same sled with the stock can ( both sleds are bone stock) it is defenatly louder at idle and a lot louder at WOT. It's not crazy loud but side by side the trail can is considerably louder than stock.
I ride at 10k - 12k feet and I did have to clicker up from 4 to 5 to get correct RPM.
Also I was able to mount my hot dog cooker!

Did the stock sled run the same clicker setup on the clutch as yours?

B
Feb 19, 2008
Summit co.CO
Update

The snow conditions are really sucking but I was able to compare my GGB trail can with the stock one.
With the GGB can I was only hitting 7800 rpm max. With the stock can I was hitting 7900 touching 8000 rpm. This was on the exact same run of snow and on clicker 5.

Again, the conditions are miserable right now and I only made a few runs so I will have to wait for some more snow to make a better comparison. I must also say that I get a very brief bog with the GGB when I pin it from either a slow start or near stationary. The can gives a split second crackle or pop when it hesitates.
Otherwise take off is clean and crisp with the stock can.
I don't have a go pro but I'll try to get my buddy to film it on my iphone next time so I can show what I'm experiencing.

B
Apr 13, 2004
GJ COLO
trail can for me, please....

Trail can here.
After owning a few aftermarket cans over the last 10 years, this has got to be the best all around can for me. 5 reasons.

1) Construction. Perfect fit, beautiful welds, and painted to last for life.

2) Cost.

3) Sound. gentle muscle car idle, and a nice little bark when the power valves open. But the trail can is never harsh.

4) Performance. No issues here on my 2014 or 2015 summits at 10-12k in Colorado. Both sleds are bone stock except the GGB! In fact, both sleds appear to be snappier with zero hesitation or bogs.

5) weight loss= wow

If your listening GGB, how about a heated compartment for cooking??...
Otherwise, awesome product that delivers what is promises!
I need one for a 16, now too.

Last edited:
P
Nov 28, 2007
Yukon Canada
I bought 2 one for a summit 600 and one for a 800 .
Sound level is a bit more than I expected.

On my 800 the power seems close to stock within 50 RPM running back to Back with the stock can the only issue I found besides a bit noise is on quick on of throttle flips in the mid range rpm(around 6000) while running wooded out trails every so often it will fall flat on its face for a split second but that is enough to eat that whoop hard.

The 600 is another story it just will not work properly at all makes 7900 rpm where on the same setting the stock can does 8100+ when i adjusted the clickers to bring up the RPM it started to backfire like a bugger.
Put the stock can back on it and it ran perfect again. So no dice on the 600
Messed with it a bunch and even on the stand it will only hit7800 to 7900 RPM before starting to backfire like crazy.
Will need to get in touch with GGB that one needs to go back for sure.

Exhausted

Premium Member
Oct 5, 2012
I bought 2 one for a summit 600 and one for a 800 .
Sound level is a bit more than I expected.

On my 800 the power seems close to stock within 50 RPM running back to Back with the stock can the only issue I found besides a bit noise is on quick on of throttle flips in the mid range rpm(around 6000) while running wooded out trails every so often it will fall flat on its face for a split second but that is enough to eat that whoop hard.

The 600 is another story it just will not work properly at all makes 7900 rpm where on the same setting the stock can does 8100+ when i adjusted the clickers to bring up the RPM it started to backfire like a bugger.
Put the stock can back on it and it ran perfect again. So no dice on the 600
Messed with it a bunch and even on the stand it will only hit7800 to 7900 RPM before starting to backfire like crazy.
Will need to get in touch with GGB that one needs to go back for sure.

Powdermuncher, please contact me and we'll get you fixed up.

graham at ggb.ca
705-382-5275

Thanks,
Graham Barkey

Steelman

Lifetime Member
Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2009
snowexhaust.ggb.ca
REVIEW: GGB EXHAUST MOUNTAIN SILENCER

Posted on April 1, 2015 by joydigger.com
<!-- .entry-meta -->By Matthew Mallory
Over the past five years I’ve had a few sleds from Ski-Doo, obviously since I keep going back I’m happy with the whip. This year like year’s past the only changes I made on my XM were personal fit stuff like bars and riser height, other than that I feel it’s pretty much good to go out of the box. The one part I severely dislike on the Ski-Doo sleds that I have owned (and this goes for most OEM sleds from all brands) is the stock can. There are certain legal requirements that have to be met in different areas of North America so the suitcase of a silencer is a one size fits all part that weights in at about twenty pounds. Seriously this thing is a tank.
GGB Exhaust's Mountain Silencer is insanely light and minimal. This whole space is usually filled with the suitcase silencer that comes stock on the Ski-Doo XM.

The main idea behind replacing the stock silencer with an aftermarket can is to shave off that excessive weight on the right side of the sled. There are many options out there in the aftermarket land to go with and many make fantastical claims about what their product can do for you. I’ve tried a few and most meet my expectations but don’t come through on the horsepower gains they claim. What caught my eye with the GGB Exhaust products was their honesty, the first thing I read was, “is guaranteed to provide performance levels as good as or better than stock.”
Nothing about increasing five to ten horsepower as others claim but cannot back up. Just a simple keep it the same which is achieved by ensuring their product retains the same back pressure as stock while many others actually decrease your horsepower because they reduce the back pressure that the engine requires.
Using GGB Exhaust's spring puller made removal and installation a snap!

The installation of GGB Exhaust’s Mountain Can couldn’t have been much simpler. To make things easy I removed the side panels, light and hood. This gave me more room to work and on the XM is just a matter of a few bolts. With the new can I also had ordered a spring puller, might as well have the right tools for the job. After removing the springs from the stock can and unscrewing the sensor plug it was a simple matter of pulling out the stock (be careful, lift with your knees not your back) and sliding the Mountain Can into place. Then with GGB’s spring puller install the stock springs back in place. Simple as that.
The fit and finish from GGB is very impressive, a nice clean pipe that installs easily. Immediately I noticed not just the reduction in weight but more room in the engine bay. Now I wouldn’t have to remove the can to check the chaincase adjustment or change the oil. Always an added bonus.
Look at all that room! Simple to install, light weight and a sexy loud growler too. This can is awesome.

When you first fire up the sled the increase in noise isn’t noticeable. There is slightly more of a rumble to the beast but it was much quieter than I expected. Just pulling out of the garage and buzzing around the driveway had me surprised, up to 4500 rpm there wasn’t really a big difference in sound. This of course changed as soon as I got out on the snow. As the RPM’s increase the sound definitely growls over the stock silencer. It’s a steady crescendo of pure, screaming aggressiveness as you pass the 6000 mark and climb through the 7’s. As they state on their website if you’re getting the Mountain Can make sure you are out in the backcountry because this thing is loud and mean.
Overall I really like the can, it accomplishes a lot of great things at a minimal price really. For starters it makes working on my sled easier, freeing up the area around the chaincase is huge, saving time on maintenance. Dropping 16lbs or so off the sled for a couple hundred dollars and with one part is pretty damn incredible. This changes your power to weight ratio slightly and is the easiest weight you’ll lose on your whip. The GGB Exhaust Mountain Can will also give you a snappier throttle response, if you can put up with a louder, meaner, more badass sounding sled this is the silencer for you so check them out at www.ggb.ca.

Last edited:

Steelman

Lifetime Member
Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2009
snowexhaust.ggb.ca
GGB Exhaust is in stock and ready to ship.

GGB Mountain Can:
This muffler is a super lightweight, straight through flow design with an aggressive exhaust note. System fits securely in the stock location using stock mounts and is guaranteed to provide performance levels as good as or better than stock.
GGB Mountain mufflers are designed to be used in areas where increased sound levels are not an issue. These cans are loud when you open the throttle. Please use accordingly.

GGB Trail Can:

Lightweight muffler with a trail tuned muscle sound. Neighbour friendly and in most applications will meet SAE J2567 stationary test of 88 db, 4 meters away. System fits securely in the original location using stock mounts and is guaranteed to provide performance levels as good as or better than stock.

GGB Advantage
•Always in stock, same day shipping
•Performance Guarantee, 100% Customer Satisfaction
•Increased throttle response
•Tuned muscle exhaust note
•Lightweight Design
•No fuel mods
•Simple install
•Secure fit

Fuel and clutching mods are not necessary prior to installation on any GGB Exhaust muffler. GGB two stroke mufflers are flow benched developed for back pressure against the stock muffler and will perform efficiently in any application where the stock muffler would be used. Both Mountain and Trail models are guaranteed to provide performance levels as good as or better than stock.

If there is anything I can do, please feel free to email me at rob@ggb.ca

Thanks,
Rob <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Premium Features