• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

First 2014 800 Update. :(

Snow4life

Lifetime Membership
Sep 30, 2012
Aberdeen, South Dakota
I also called my dealership and no one there had any idea what I was talking about, they ran my vin number and everything and said theres no updates or recalls. He also said it will not display a break in counter.

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
I also called my dealership and no one there had any idea what I was talking about, they ran my vin number and everything and said theres no updates or recalls. He also said it will not display a break in counter.

13 will not, 14 will.
You guys really have some crappy dealers. No offense.:face-icon-small-ton

jethro

Lifetime Membership
Sep 7, 2008
Emmett Id.
Devilmanak .. I bought you're 2013 and sounds like you're dealer will be getting to see it again ...great deal great sled updates even better..haven't even rode it yet lol..

K

KMCP

Nov 1, 2013
CO
A clear answer to if/what the update is ... Besides the break in clock issue. I think a lot of guys would love to have the upgraded timing fueling changes that are in 14s

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
Yah, the problem is I mentioned both updates in one thread, it is probably confusing, there should be two.
The 13 update is the "bog" issue, a 2013 800 won't ever have the breaking counter.
The 14 update is just a breakin counter on board instead of having to take to dealer to see how far along it is.

snowpatrol

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Puyallup WA.
Yah, the problem is I mentioned both updates in one thread, it is probably confusing, there should be two.
The 13 update is the "bog" issue, a 2013 800 won't ever have the breaking counter.
The 14 update is just a breakin counter on board instead of having to take to dealer to see how far along it is.

hey devil, who is your dealer ? is it mile high, just out of mccall ?
and is there a specific number for the 13 bog update ? thanks

S
Jan 29, 2010
Meridian ID
update

Will the dealer do this update for free? If not what can i say to get them to plug in their computer to update my 13? I bought it at the end of April and only rode it once. I need an excuss to take it in and have it refreshed. Any ideas?

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
hey devil, who is your dealer ? is it mile high, just out of mccall ?
and is there a specific number for the 13 bog update ? thanks

Sorry, had a trip to Portland and then a computer crash. Yep, Mile High Powersports. Givce them a call, they won't give you a bit of hassle about these updates, they are up to date, I got my info from them.
Chris

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
Will the dealer do this update for free? If not what can i say to get them to plug in their computer to update my 13? I bought it at the end of April and only rode it once. I need an excuss to take it in and have it refreshed. Any ideas?

Yep, no charge. If your dealer has a problem with it, or doesn't know what you are talking about, find a new dealer. (Really, not to be harsh, but it is the dealer's job to be up on this stuff, if they don't know what you are talking about, either they are lieing and don't care, or they are not doing their job as a dealer.) Mile High In McCall is locked and loaded, they will take care of you if your dealer won't.

cwbyup_22

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Park City, MT
Just had this done to my wifes XM yesterday, it took them longer to plug it in than do the update!! They also said there is a fix coming out for the left side panel not staying latched on the 14's, they didn't know what or when but said there is something coming. It is nice to see them stepping up to the plate and fixing these issues.

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
Yah, that side panel update isn't worth taking your sled in. Look at the grommet that holds the sidepanel, if your panel doesn't pop in and is loose, take the grommet out and turn it 180 degrees, put it back in. Some were put in upside down at the factory. Look at it, it is easy to see the correct orientation.

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
This is the CORRECT installation. Use a screwdriver to slide the grommet out, past the ridge behind it. Flip around, reinstall.
The dealer showed this to me weeks ago, surprised your dealer doesn't have the "fix" yet.

010.jpg

Premium Features