• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Can we get a update from Bret Rasmussen Please

C
Mar 3, 2006
Utah
IDoesnt look good for skidoo. I say fire him and put the money into other things.

From what I hear, Brett is doing R&D on the Skidoo mountain sleds. Besides, they have plenty of money to spend on someone to help get the word out, and build a better sled.

What else would they put there money in? Very few people put more miles in the mountains than he does every year. If there's something they can improve on, hopefully they listen to him, and make it come from the factory the next year. JMO!

xpspenziv

Premium Member
Feb 19, 2009
hanging out in a tree well at the top.
Here is his boondocker turbo update Tue the thread starter.
BOONDOCKER TURBO UPDATE
I have to say that the new Boondcker XM turbo rips.*I have been out with Rocky for a week or so doing some final tuning on the new turbo kit for the Summit XM. This thing is awesome! I know*few of you have these kits on order and are waiting for delivery. Be patient, it IS worth waiting for. We have three XM's turboed and on the snow, riding them daily. Eight pounds of boost on 91 octane with no sign of detonation, instant power with a flip of the throttle. Very manageable power, part throttle operation all day long, on and off throttle in technical riding situations. Yes, I will be keeping this one! Should be shipping very soon. Running up to 12 pounds of boost with it.

If you want to talk to him call riderasmessen.com
Get a 1'' riser and push it over and down then tighten. That is how his sled was when I rode with him. There is a vid on here somewhere. Where's Brett.

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
From what I hear, Brett is doing R&D on the Skidoo mountain sleds. Besides, they have plenty of money to spend on someone to help get the word out, and build a better sled.

What else would they put there money in? Very few people put more miles in the mountains than he does every year. If there's something they can improve on, hopefully they listen to him, and make it come from the factory the next year. JMO!

Honestly, I think the guy is a great asset in the R&D side of things, if doo listens to him unlike cat with the POS pigclimb they'll hopefully make a great sled even better.

I think the MFG's just need to see that as our areas get more & more condensed & crowded, more guys are riding technical trees & that type of terrain... and he's one of the guys who can really give solid feedback on that side of riding. Expanding your R&D network either way seems pretty win win to me.

BUY A BOONDOCKER TURBO

D

deaner

Nov 26, 2007
Creston, BC
Thats funny because the boondocker turbo that a friend of mine put on his XM was the biggest pile of crap on earth. And hes a mechanical guy that has had tonnes of turbo sleds. If it was a guy like me tuning it you could say it was installer or operator error, but not him, the guy knows his stuff. Havent heard one good thing about thier kit for the XM.

But ya gotta love sponsorships. He'll tell you to buy one all day long cause he aint got a penny into his sled.

U

Ultralord

Nov 26, 2007
Auburn WA
It should be any day now I went to his clinic for a week and spent some time on his sled and some of the stock sleds I know one thing for sure Brett calls it like it is and does not tow the factory line at all. When I rode his sled he had a post forward kit on it 2 different running boards a different seat different shocks and springs he was doing a ton of research to see what he likes and will endorse. He told me that his goal was to get about 40 lb off the sled. And to check his blog this fall and he would have his tips up. I would send him a facebook request or a E mail he is a good dude and will respond. I left his place with a few things #1 he is a good guy #2 he is a Amazing rider #3 he is a great mechanic! What he has to say is great info. And I came back a way better rider.

1013.jpg 876.jpg 985.jpg

RobertTrivanovic

Lifetime Membership
Nov 8, 2012
Abbotsford BC
If anyone here fallows motocross they know the troubles James Stewart has had with the new Yamaha a few years ago. Once he signed onto the Suzuki team he was interviewed (can't remember where) and he straight up said , "well, I couldn't say that I didn't like the bike". That right there is proof sponsored riders are paid to say things, or to not say things at that. The only real way to tell if he likes it or not is if once his contract ends with Doo that he signs with them again (assuming he doesn't ONLY ride for them because of the money. Until then this is the greatest mountain sled ever made and Brett will continue to say that (if he ever says anything)

RobertTrivanovic

Lifetime Membership
Nov 8, 2012
Abbotsford BC
This should help you out Canuck Rider

My favorite part was the part where he had absolutely nothing bad to say about it, he even said it was his new ride. Then he continued to ride the M series sled (which IMO is awesome) and then shortly after switched brands conpletly. Yep the proclimb, Brett's new ride.

RobertTrivanovic

Lifetime Membership
Nov 8, 2012
Abbotsford BC
And I can't deny I love to here what pros do to their sleds, and if they switch brands or something it does make me second guess myself. But lets be honest here we have all watched schooled and who went and took off their bar risers and actually liked it? Or who even did it at all? I know I love my bar risers. Then there's burandt who says that poo is the best sled even after all the issues they have had, heck he doesn't pay for it who cares! Ok I should probably stop now I think everyone gets it.

D

deaner

Nov 26, 2007
Creston, BC
I think that was different though. I think Treadway loved doo......they just didnt renew his sponsorship.

Funny to see that video posted above. Uh Brett........your credibility just went out the window.

C
Jan 29, 2008
Treadway posted pics of him on a XM for a few days then they were gone. I wondered if he wasn't suppose to let anything leak. Then a few months later I saw something with him on a Poo. I had to watch it a few times. I can't believe it.

cubby

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
If you want to help Brett retain his sponsorship.....yes. If you want a sled that runs good......no.:face-icon-small-ton

WOW, you've been around 1 sled that had it installed and it didn't run worth a sh!t and now your calling them all junk? Ok then I will go back to lurking this thread and not responding cause poor little only has an XP :face-icon-small-blu

D

deaner

Nov 26, 2007
Creston, BC
WOW, you've been around 1 sled that had it installed and it didn't run worth a sh!t and now your calling them all junk? Ok then I will go back to lurking this thread and not responding cause poor little only has an XP :face-icon-small-blu

Actually been around a few, and have never EVER heard of one running good there stud. Have you? I think its pretty crappy when a "reputable" company will put out a kit that just flat out doesnt work.......and people are spending their hard earned money on it. My friend took a chit kicking getting rid of his.

And dont worry about me on my little old XP. It works pretty darn good. Havent seen anything yet that Ive been inspired to replace it with.:face-icon-small-win

C
Jan 29, 2008
So if someone gave you the sled and title to a 14 PRO or XM with a BD turbo on it and said "It's yours" you won't take it. Don't believe that for a second

cubby

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Actually been around a few, and have never EVER heard of one running good there stud. Have you? I think its pretty crappy when a "reputable" company will put out a kit that just flat out doesnt work.......and people are spending their hard earned money on it. My friend took a chit kicking getting rid of his.

And dont worry about me on my little old XP. It works pretty darn good. Havent seen anything yet that Ive been inspired to replace it with.:face-icon-small-win

Sorry about that forgot one important word in my last statement (me) poor little me on my xp.

Premium Features