• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Nytro MCX 270 Low Boost At Higher Elevation.

O
Jan 15, 2011
I have 15lbs on the Trail but only 10lbs in the mountains. Worked great weekend before 15 lbs, put in the trailer for a week went out the next week low boost. Check for Exhaust and vacuum leaks looks good. Boost gauge reads vacuum at idle. Gen 2 box. "Lost" Any Thoughts???

Last edited:

sledfvr

Lifetime Membership
Apr 7, 2008
NW MT
If it has manual boost controller then you have to turn the boost up the higher you are in elevation.

Nytroboost

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2011
Not real familiar with the Mcx kit but I believe it has a auto compensating boost controler that automaticly adjust your boost as elevation changes. Sounds like that is not working. I would check that

K

kimoaj

Jan 5, 2011
Is it possible that the wires to the TCV can be damaged some place?

To test if the TCV has contact with the MCX box you can pressurize the MCX box with 10-50kpa (anything between those numbers will do). (as you can see there is a hose going into the MCX box, this is where you want to put pressure on it).

Now turn the ignition on, before the fuel pump stops you should hear a click from the TCV. If it doesnt click, something is wrong.

You say you run 15lbs at the trails, how much higher is it where the boost drops to 10lbs?

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
make sure your hose that goes to the gauge is not kinked.check your throttle bodies too on the motor side hard to see & come off sometimes.

sledheadd

Premium Member
Dec 1, 2007
too far from mountains Alberta Canada
I don't want to hijack your thread but. I have a very similar problem with the same kit
Sled makes full boost on trail up to cabin 5 -6 k ft at cabin. above that elevation sled is super slow building boost and on any long pulls (after building proper boost for a while 10 seconds or so of wide open )it would start to sputter and miss and lose all power. It did seem to get worse as we went higher up in elevation.
Even cranking my boost control up didn't help any.
Then on the way back to the trucks it ran decent again. Still a bit laggy but builds full boost no sputtering.
Checked all boost lines
I just got home gonna rip into it tomorrow ill let you know what I find.
I'm thinking its the exhaust or the charge tube has a hole worn in it.
I do have the cooper dough nuts so I know it's not that.

Sled has 4000 Kms.
If it is the exhaust dies any one know the company that made a replacement exhaust for the rear mount Mcx turbos?

08nytromtxa

Dec 17, 2007
tisdale saskatchewan
I don't want to hijack your thread but. I have a very similar problem with the same kit
Sled makes full boost on trail up to cabin 5 -6 k ft at cabin. above that elevation sled is super slow building boost and on any long pulls (after building proper boost for a while 10 seconds or so of wide open )it would start to sputter and miss and lose all power. It did seem to get worse as we went higher up in elevation.
Even cranking my boost control up didn't help any.
Then on the way back to the trucks it ran decent again. Still a bit laggy but builds full boost no sputtering.
Checked all boost lines
I just got home gonna rip into it tomorrow ill let you know what I find.
I'm thinking its the exhaust or the charge tube has a hole worn in it.
I do have the cooper dough nuts so I know it's not that.

Sled has 4000 Kms.
If it is the exhaust dies any one know the company that made a replacement exhaust for the rear mount Mcx turbos?

alpine or sylvanlaker make heavier 3-1 headers

sledheadd

Premium Member
Dec 1, 2007
too far from mountains Alberta Canada
So I tore into her today and found that one the exhaust bellow was completely blown.
Thanks 08nytro I got a hold of sylvanlaker and I'm gonna buy a header and he also has the bellow that I need.

Last edited:
Premium Features