• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

872? worth it ?

dave@trygstadmotorsports

Premium Member
Oct 20, 2012
www.trygstad-motorsports.com
Etec BB

I don't go the night and day difference between a trigger 860 ptec and a trigger 872 etec. I had a perfectly tuned trig 860 in our group and it was a very impressive snowmobile. Now that same guy has an xm with a trig 872. Again, very well setup with a team tied setup by Jason at team. In his (guy who has both sleds) own word the 872 is at least as good as the carb 860 if not a bit better.

The 872 is a great engine, but night and day better than the same builders 860? Has not shown up in our testing.

Hey Treetrasher, got the whole story now, And how is that make believe Etec BB running, By the way we all enjoyed the PM's to my customers!!
I see that you helped yourself to my customers order at the local dealer, I am sure you think you have my products all figured out, Keep looking and guessing!! I would love to have the chance to dyno one of those special silencers, Testing-Really!!

Oh buy the way how are those customers Turbo's working out for you? Understand you changed your handle on these forumns, other one was more interesting!

T

tukernater

Nov 4, 2009
BC
Hey Treetrasher, got the whole story now, And how is that make believe Etec BB running, By the way we all enjoyed the PM's to my customers!!
I see that you helped yourself to my customers order at the local dealer, I am sure you think you have my products all figured out, Keep looking and guessing!! I would love to have the chance to dyno one of those special silencers, Testing-Really!!

Oh buy the way how are those customers Turbo's working out for you? Understand you changed your handle on these forumns, other one was more interesting![/QUOTE Lmao I'm betting hivoltagesledhead Will tell ya who's product is more reliable.:jaw:

Last edited:

hivoltagesledhead

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Nakusp, BC
I guess the only reason one would knock a good product is 1)they have had bad luck with it or 2)they cant compete against it......havent heard anyone complain about Daves product or customer service so I guess it must be the latter.

All I know is that if I had the customer service for my turbo build that Dave supplies with his 872 kit, I would still be running the turbo......but we all know what happened there.....and to this day CUSTOMER SERVICE IS KEY TO A SUCCESSFUL BUSINESS !!!!!

Keep up the good work Dave, and dont change a thing....your products and customer service rock !!!!

Last edited:
J

JoJack

Jan 12, 2013
This package sounds like a great add on for the already good running etec. Reading lots of positive comments about the 872.

D

dcturbo

Mar 2, 2008
WYO
I love my 872. We now have 3 of them in our group. One of our guys who races RMSHA is on his 3rd kit. Has one on a Ptec (for sale now.)and upgraded his 2011 Etec for this years race sled. He likes it so much so had to get another 872 for his everyday sled.
Clutching we have been playing with ramps and the pin wait. Otherwise everything else is still stock.
Great product Dave!

M
Apr 19, 2010
im lovin my 872 very smooth motor and more reliable than my stock motor i even ran pump fuel through it for a day ride and no hickups and have about 1400 miles on it now.i dont know what your talkin about treethrasher i dont notice my stock can at all and if i am runnin spi pistons then my next set will be the same as for the 860 keepin up to an 872 i would go all in with my chips and call your bluff.my next sled would be xm 872r but cant tear my hands off the bars of my 2008 xp 872 i have many more miles to go and grining ear to ear.

T
Aug 8, 2011
Sorry folks, I in NO WAY meant to come off as bashing Trygstads product. I stated why I dont own one and monetary is not one of the reasons. (in a thread where someone is asking for opinions on whether its worth it or not I might add) Each and every one of his motors I have been around has rocked. And I have stated that multiple times over the last couple years.

I also said that one guy didnt think there was a huge difference between his Tryg 860 and 872. His opinion, not mine. Im getting the idea everyone thinks thats wrong. Thats good news!

So, this is my last post on this subject. I in no way want anyone to think im dragging Trygstads product down to lift my own up. Mine is not for sale to the public, its just something im playing with.

Is a big bore worth it on the XM? Absolutely! The sled is twice as much fun with one!

Premium Features