• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Whats new for 2014?

J
Feb 23, 2010
Rasmussen seat

A banjo tight shaved:face-icon-small-tonsheepskin cover stretched over a2" thick chunk of memory foam and the x handlebars mounted upside down on stock rise for more leverage

J
Feb 23, 2010
Rasmussen seat

A banjo tight shaved:face-icon-small-tonsheepskin cover stretched over a2" thick chunk of memory foam and the x handlebars mounted upside down on stock riser for more leverage

ROKRIG

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2012
With the changes to the FreeRide making it quite similar to the XM, why would someone buy a FreeRide instead of the XM.

The release video highlighted tunnel and S-module reinforcement, the better shocks, wider foot rails and minimalist seat. Does that pretty much sum up the difference?

S

samsquatch47

Dec 2, 2007
St. Paul, AB
With the changes to the FreeRide making it quite similar to the XM, why would someone buy a FreeRide instead of the XM.

The release video highlighted tunnel and S-module reinforcement, the better shocks, wider foot rails and minimalist seat. Does that pretty much sum up the difference?

The vid said S-module reinforcement? I thought it just said chassis? Buy that they mean the XRS tunnel bracing. I didn't think they updated the S Module? That would be freaking awesome if they did though! Maybe I miss understood the vid.

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
On their fb page still has the sport in xp chassi they said all summits will have t-motion and flex edge track. The pic of the sport looked just like the 13 though

Keeping this a "Price Point" sub $10,000 sled would be a great idea.
We need to keep this sport affordable to more people.

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
Kind of hard to be impressed with the new 900 Ace at only 90 HP.
Makes the Nytro mill look very attractive.

I realize many were hoping for more new stuff, but when you're already #1 you have to protect your lead to some extent. For example, look at all the bad press Polaris Pro had this year when their '12 model was fantastic.

S

snowmobiler

Nov 26, 2001
poo and frankencat spanker

eeeeeeee_zpse35f1ed0.jpg

sssssss_zpsbdcfd05e.jpg

sssddd_zpsb1b17999.jpg

cccc_zps9ab9d38b.jpg

D

doorandt

Nov 14, 2008
mn
does anyone know what the 900 ace weighs? compared to a etec 800. if you could slap a turbo on the 900 and double the hp and then drop it into a 163, you might really have something. it would be like a crossover. sorta light weight with sorta big turbo hp. :cheer2:

idahoskiguy

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
Boise, ID
The 2014 line up is solid and will probably sell many sleds, which is the point I believe. If BRP holds the prices the same or offers some base level packages at attractive pricing and has an aggressive spring promotion they will sell a lot of sleds.

Wish the ski-door2014reveal.com web sire would have been a little friendlier, it appeared not to load completely. After loading it several times, started clicking on what was there and clicking the "Ski-Doo" logo at the top started the video. Weird. Guessing it was put together hastily and not checked across different browsers

The business plan and marketing seems well thought out. BRP seems to be a first top tier company.

P

Powderboy

Nov 1, 2001
Renton, WA
I'm disappointed they didn't do something new but if I was in charge I probably would have made the same call. For now the only thing a new model like an XM 1000 does is bleed a small slice of customers away from their already dominant 800 package. I don't think the sport is growing fast enough anymore to support niche segments (ie 700,900,1000). The manufacturers in general have a problem. The sport is aging. Young people have a hard time affording the cost to enter the sport.

S

snowmobiler

Nov 26, 2001
ya rentals are a big order to get.smart company.and offering the sport 800 for around 9000.cant beat that.

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
I live in Flatland USA & nobody rides anything under 125 HP
90 HP is simply a trail machine & nothing more.
I can see this big in rental fleets.

If I were ever forced to ride trail I would at least want some HP. or I,d just take up a new sport,,, Trail riding is soo boring already. 90hp just adds to the boredom...

Last edited:
Premium Features