• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

High intake temp reading. Bad ADA sensor???

K

Kestrel2126

Nov 17, 2009
Grand Jct, CO
So my intake temps on my BD box always go up to 255 after running on boost. I can pack the intercooler with snow and clear that field on the box, and the #'s will be at about 39 degrees. As soon as I put a run on boost, I check and its all the way up to 255. Surely I can't be getting that hot, can I? I am running the BD race gas set up with the pony intercooler on a D7 at 11-13 PSI. I was thinking I may have a bad ADA sensor. Anyone else had this problem, or have any suggestions?

J

Jkinzer

Nov 27, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
did you just upgrade your kit to ada? or did it work for awhile and then not? check all your grounds... maybe even add another ground from the motor to the chassis... sensor could be bad... but that is rarely the case... most updated kits need an extra ground to make things work

F
Nov 26, 2007
www.boondockers.com
If your temp is always showing 255, then you have a problem. On some sleds there is an occasional issue during startup when the max is incorrectly recorded as being 255 (due to low voltages). I would suggest clearing the max, do a run, then check it before shutting off the sled. If you have a N2O button, you can set it up to do a capture during a run to verify what your actual temps are (and boost and rpm, etc).

K

Kestrel2126

Nov 17, 2009
Grand Jct, CO
The ADA was on the original set up, and acts like it works. I can clear the max and cool off the IC with snow and the temp field acts like its working, shows around 40 degrees. I can then make a run and it is at 255. No N2O button so I cannot record events. I will check all my wires and see if the ground is good. I have a hard time believing that my charge temps are really getting that high, I would think the sled would run very poorly.
Anyone running any other kind of sensor/guage setup?

S
Jan 25, 2010
LOW TEMPS

On the long pull at 13 lbs on pump gas all day 90 deg charge temps. sure makes more power. No fooling around with the box. Watch the turbos from Ck turbos at the Jackson Hillclimb to see the difference. Willimson turbos

Premium Features