• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Huge Hearty Thanks to Norcal, Utah and Fresno riders CHP & CareFlight at Castle Peak

Status
Not open for further replies.

King o the Hill

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Long Beach, Ca
www.teamsummit.net
Huge Hearty Thanks to Norcal, Utah and Fresno riders CHP & CareFlight at Castle Peak

For everybody that helped us today....THANKS....Susie appreciated all that was done to help and she will be in the hospital for a couple of days. She has a punctured lung and several broken ribs in multiple places.... she is ok now but has had to have a tube inserted surgically to inflate her lung.... THANKS A MILLION AGAIN!!

Thanks to all who were out today at Castle helping Susie get into the air and to a place where she could be helped. AO, SMASH, BOX, SHANE, JESSE, TODD, SARGE, GOAT, RICK, CHADD, PHATTY, JOHN (ST), KEVIN, THE CHP and LIFEFLIGHT proved how lucky we are to have the system we do. I know there was a TON of people helping and if I forgot it wasn't from any lack of appreciation just overwhelmed. YOU ALL ARE FIRST CLASS peeps, AND WHY I LOVE THIS SPORT.....

:beer;

silvertip

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 3, 2001
Nevada City Calif
Hoping for a speedy recovery King.

Here are a few of my Pic.
IMG_4211.jpg

IMG_4212.jpg

IMG_4219.jpg

IMG_4221.jpg

IMG_4227.jpg

IMG_4236.jpg

May post more tomorrow.

B
Jul 20, 2001
Rocklin, CA.
To King and Family !1

King-
Hope you and the family are holding up okay bud.
Please send Susie our best and share Wendy's latest words to live bye.
"Sh$T Happens and it is what it is" !! Also tell her to quit worrying about the sled, it's just stuff, the most important thing is she's okay and will make a full recovery. One tough cookie that one !!
All our Love from the Shadowens Clan and I'll catch up with you later today.
Aaron & Wendy :rose::rose::rose::rose:

A

Anthony Oberti

Jul 4, 2001
Eagle, ID
Tough to see that happen to a friend, espcially when it is your friend's wife. Glad to hear she is doing better and hope her recovery goes well!!!

B
Talked to King, today. He knows about all the good well wishes and prayers, here. He told me to tell everyone that it is much appreciated.

He said that he left at 4:30 am and returned at 9:00 am. She is doing ok and also being treating for anemia (sp?). He did say that they discovered more broken ribs on the lower other side too. Still on oxygen and they tryed without but lung goes to 75%.

Silvertip, Thanks for the pictures. Tells the story.

Susie, I will continue my thoughts and prayers.

Bart

A

Anthony Oberti

Jul 4, 2001
Eagle, ID
Just got off the phone with Shane Kelley. He rolled a sled on himself later in the day after Susie's accident....cracked ribs, bruised sternum and bruised heart. Rough day yesterday!

King o the Hill

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Long Beach, Ca
www.teamsummit.net
sooooo as Bart stated they found another broken rib and she is having difficulty with the pain. She is still in ICU and pretty doped up. For all who have called I appreciate the well wishes and prayers and Susie is made aware of every one of them, and it brings a smile to her face. They are not sure when she will be released to General Population LOL but we are hoping soon. You are all very special people in our lives and we hang onto every word and wish as this is a big family, we couldn't ask for more support. As things develop we will keep all informed and hope to see you all soon.

Thanks again to all and I will update as info becomes avail.....

B

BlueBYu

May 7, 2008
Beef Cake Town
I see in one of the photos.....her sled above the rocks...did she go over the first set of rocks...then slide over the second set of rocks then slide to where everyones at on the hill??:eek:

I hope you have a speedy recovery Susie!!!!:rose:

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Jeff,

Good thoughts for as fast of recovery as possible. I hope you are OK thru the whole ordeal as well.... you and your family are ROCK SOLID people and your "extended family" is pulling for you.

Be well.
Eric

S

snowrdr

Nov 26, 2007
Reno, NV
So wanted to post an update on Susie. I was just at Renown and stopped in to see Sue and Jeff. Sue is doing well and she remains in ICU until her lung capacity recovers to somewhat normal levels. She is in very good spirts and has a good smile on her face. Hopefully Sue will be able to be transferred out of the ICU sooner then later. Jeff and Sue were very very thankful to all who have reached out and especially to those who were on the hill to help out. My hats off to all of you as well.

Travis

EDGE1000

Premium Member
Dec 10, 2007
Oakhurst, CA
Wow that's one tough women you got there Jeff. Awesome to hear she's progressing. That was a tough one to witness. Could have been any one of us. Definitely made me think the rest of the day. Hope all continues to progress and we'll see you this summer. Your both in our prayers.

King o the Hill

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Long Beach, Ca
www.teamsummit.net
Just a final update.... and Thanks....

the outpouring of support is awesome and if phone calls, cards, letters and posts equalled dollars and cents we would be millionaires..... You all helped make this unfortunate event a whole lot easier on both of us and I hope all of your Karma accounts go back to overflowing.... She is out of ICU today and in her own room.... still a long road a ho but out of the danger zone for sure.... just lost of bruised bodies, wallets and sleds now LOL!!! We love you all and can't wait to see you this summer or heaven forbid next fall.... May you all be watched and your travels be safe

Jeff and Suzanne

King o the Hill

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Long Beach, Ca
www.teamsummit.net
Well I wish I had good news.... Susie has to go in for surgery tommorrow and have her lung drained... I wish I had more details but I will post as I get more info we were hoping to get her out tommorrow and this was an unfortunate setback....

mattymac

Lifetime Membership
Apr 12, 2004
Sutter Ca.
Been there done that, one good thing that can be said is that reno has one of the best trauma/ICU hospitals on the western half of the united states (found that out just over 3 years ago) Shes in some of the best hands that there is!!!!

Hope all goes well Jeff!!!!

King o the Hill

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Long Beach, Ca
www.teamsummit.net
pretty healthy setback... they found an infection setting in and had to break another rib to remove the infection and pull a membrane off her lung that was forming... the Dr. said it was like peeling an orange... can't see how that is close to progress.... but anyway.... she is back in ICU.....

RSI

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
BOISE, IDAHO
www.rsiracing.com
I hope you get better soon. I can feel for you deeply as I sit here and type this with a cast on my left arm (broke in 8 places) and a Tracheal tube in my throat. I spent 4 days in the ICU after 2 surguries then another 8 days in a regular room. Thankfully I didn't get an infection in my lungs as they had me on breatheing treatments with medication 4 times a day. Was going accros a lake just cruising and all of a sudden there was a sink hole with water at the bottom. I thought I couldn't slow down fast enough cuz I would fall into the lake so I grabbed a handful and tried to clear it. Well didn't clear it and slammed into the bank on the other side. Got nocked out and fell face down in the water that thankfully was only like a foot deep. Then the sled rolled back ontop of me and pinned me face down. My friend saw it and scrambled over and pulled the sled off of me and got me out of the water. Well I slammed my throat onto the bar pad and broke my arm badley. My throat instantly swelled up and it was cutting off my air to my lungs. Reason for story is that the lifelight pilot was able to get a tube down my throat to allow me to get air. The Lifeflight pilot saved my life. The trauma DR said if he wasn't able to get that tube down my throat iI would not be here right now.

Get a Lifeflight membership these guys are heros and I owe them my life as well as my fiend Tom Hassell for preventing me from drowning. I also had every sledder in the area helping and cheering for me. Thank you to fellow sledders and the heroic duties of the Lifeflight people.

I hope Suzanne gets out soon. I feel for you

Wade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Premium Features