• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2019 Summit 600 Storage Mode

D
Jan 15, 2013
Southwest Montana
OK, so I bought this sled (2019 Summit 600, 3" paddle, SHOT) as a holdover and have a question. I put exactly 1 mile on it at my property before it went in the garage. My question is about summer storage and specifically "storage mode". I attempted to use the "storage mode" function but it didn't seem to work? I got it plenty warm, toggled the hi/lo switch while holding the button on the display about 5 different times. Nada.

Perhaps this was because it's technically in "Break-in Mode".......which leads me to another question. The owners manual says that the message in the lower display will say "BREAK-IN" during the break-in period, but I don't recall seeing this.

Thoughts and comments welcome.

kcj1317

Premium Member
Sep 29, 2012
St Charles Idaho
OK, so I bought this sled (2019 Summit 600, 3" paddle, SHOT) as a holdover and have a question. I put exactly 1 mile on it at my property before it went in the garage. My question is about summer storage and specifically "storage mode". I attempted to use the "storage mode" function but it didn't seem to work? I got it plenty warm, toggled the hi/lo switch while holding the button on the display about 5 different times. Nada.

Perhaps this was because it's technically in "Break-in Mode".......which leads me to another question. The owners manual says that the message in the lower display will say "BREAK-IN" during the break-in period, but I don't recall seeing this.

Thoughts and comments welcome.
I can't speak on the newness part but how patient were you trying to get into storage mode. It takes MULTIPLE flicks of the highbeam lights to get it to engage. Far more than one would think it should, IMO, bc nobody would hit the highbeams that many times in succession in everyday use so one would think it would be programmed to act in a quicker time frame/ number of flicks.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

D
Jan 15, 2013
Southwest Montana
I can't speak on the newness part but how patient were you trying to get into storage mode. It takes MULTIPLE flicks of the highbeam lights to get it to engage. Far more than one would think it should, IMO, bc nobody would hit the highbeams that many times in succession in everyday use so one would think it would be programmed to act in a quicker time frame/ number of flicks.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

After the first few tries I became a flick'n fool with the high / low switch. I started feeling bad for the light bulb! I might be the first guy to try and engage the storage mode on a brand new sled?!?!

D
Jan 15, 2013
Southwest Montana
Also have a new 600 that would not let you fog the engine

OK, that's reassuring knowing that you had the same result. I'm assuming that once the break-in mode / conditions have been met that the storage mode will start to function. I just may call the dealer on the way home and ask a question or 2.

Thanks for the feedback.

D
Jan 15, 2013
Southwest Montana
Spoke to the service department at Frank May Ski-Doo in Utah and they said, "yeah, all the 600's have that condition and there is not an update available at this time. The 800's and 850's enter the storage mode just fine, but not those 600's"

D
Jan 15, 2013
Southwest Montana
I placed 3 of the 4 of our fleet of 19 600 Summits into storage mode with no issues. Someone else placed the 4th one into storage mode and had no problems.

Well, what in the holy heck....not sure what to think then. Perhaps it is a function of engine operating time not being met. I’m sure the rentals had plenty of mileage / out of break-in mode.

sdsnocop

Premium Member
Feb 3, 2009
Hot Springs, SD
Well, what in the holy heck....not sure what to think then. Perhaps it is a function of engine operating time not being met. I’m sure the rentals had plenty of mileage / out of break-in mode.

All 4 had completed break in. They are not rentals but 3 of 4 are used for patrol. The 4th is a supervisors sled. 2 of the sleds have around 500 miles the other 2 have over 2500 miles. I did not receive mine until February but still put around 2500 miles on the sled.

D
Jan 15, 2013
Southwest Montana
Well, I'm back with the same story. I put 254 miles on it this year and I really enjoyed the sled this season. It has come time to summerize it, as such I attempted to use "storage mode", but yet again it didn't work. I should also report that my display never once showed an indication of "Break-In status".

I called Frank May Ski-Doo today and the tech remembered me from last year. He said that after he spoke with me last time around he tried the storage mode on 3 different 600's they had at the dealership.......none of them worked. He's going to put in a note with BRP (again) outlining the isuse. He's got my phone number for follow-up if he hears anyything.

8emup

Premium Member
Dec 10, 2007
Utah
BRP has a new program to resolve this issue. Finally in the middle of last summer they came up with a solution. My dealer got serval programs from them before it got resolved.

D
Jan 15, 2013
Southwest Montana
Oh, cool thanks for the reply. So by program you mean a campaign to reflash the ECU to allow this feature to function properly?

I’ll have to check with the local dealer. Hopefully they can check by VIN to see what’s available.

Premium Features