• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2012 Pro RMK 600. Need to do anything???

MNSledShed

Premium Member
Nov 19, 2010
Southern Minnesota
I recently purchased a 2012 Pro RMK 600 155 with low miles for a very good price. Is there anything that i need to do to it or are the 600 155's decent out of the box? I know its not a 800 but i'm pretty excited to be on a Pro chassis from an IQ chassis.

L
Mar 1, 2016
Northen Sweden
I have an 2013 pro 600 and changeing the primary spring to an slp blue/Pink made a huge difference and i would also recommend to get a new secondary spring (stock works good). And check the clutch alignment, if thats off it can eat belts like crazy

sledhed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2001
Lolo, Montana
Gear it down as far as you can for mountain riding, will make it very snappy. Wife's sled is 2013 Pro 600, gear down options are a lot more expensive for that. I think you can put a pretty big gear on the bottom of the chaincase...

mtncat1

Lifetime Membership
Oct 19, 2008
south jordan ut.
i really wouldn't gear it down with you riding in Minnesota . i would ride it first to see if there is even anything you would want to change ,i also would not worry about eating belts clutching is Polaris's strong point and they are very very good on belt life.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
I recently purchased a 2012 Pro RMK 600 155 with low miles for a very good price. Is there anything that i need to do to it or are the 600 155's decent out of the box? I know its not a 800 but i'm pretty excited to be on a Pro chassis from an IQ chassis.

Just ride it........

sledhed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2001
Lolo, Montana
i really wouldn't gear it down with you riding in Minnesota . i would ride it first to see if there is even anything you would want to change ,i also would not worry about eating belts clutching is Polaris's strong point and they are very very good on belt life.
Good catch. If you ride in Minnesota, and ride trails, I would probably leave the gearing alone, or maybe add a tooth to the bottom, but I would agree, ride it first. You can always regear it for a trip to the mountains. Or not. My wife's 600 with stock quickdrive gearing is very competent in the mountains, but I think the quickdrive helps.
Trail riding, the biggest issue you may have will be cooling. Lots of threads on here about cooling for the Pros. I think GOOD scratchers and a better snowflap to redirect that snow is a good start. I am going to probably put a 2016 SKS snowflap onto my Pro, it is longer, scoop shaped, and is not full of holes and less than $30. Lots of other things on the snowest forums to help with cooling but this is what I am going to start with.

Edit: AND add bogie wheel kit(s). help save hyfax on trail.

Last edited:
T
Oct 22, 2012
foleyet ONT
I am upgrading my 15 with the ftx protector kit and oft steering blocks. Mine has lots of steering slop and the ftx kit because I am beating on her pretty good. Rear tunnel braces are not a terrible idea either. Im not sure if the 12's are tougher but I thought the front of the tunnel did not get glued so you may want to have a look at her. Coming from the iq chasis is an amazing step and def makes you more confident in tougher lines and I know I can just ride mine alot longer. Its just alot less work riding a pro. Great luck to you.

MNSledShed

Premium Member
Nov 19, 2010
Southern Minnesota
Thanks for all the help. I'm pretty mechanically inclined and have worked on sleds my whole life but new to the Pro's. Was just looking for some pointers. Going from a 06 900 RMK from the last 8 years to a Pro is going to be something......

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
Check oil consumption. You'll likely find you want to turn up the oil delivery. Yes, on the 600's, too. Our 600 CFI-2 was ~55:1, before being turned up to ~32:1.

Premium Features