• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2017s - Any rumors?

RMK935VA

Premium Member
Jan 14, 2008
There are big changes coming in the mountain segment, nothing for the flatlanders. (From a rep.)
It better be a chassis or Polaris is going to own 2017. Nothing wrong with the Etec, it still smokes the Axys, even the piped ones. It could use some cleaner clutching/power delivery, but we have seen the new clutch that they are racing this year, and for the first time Doo is competitive with Poo on the snox track.
I am thinking Summit XZ. Thinner, lighter, same Doo handling we love.

What alternate universe are you living in where the Etec smokes the Axys? Just curious. I have rode the T3 and the XM. They are good sleds but the ones I rode would not "smoke" a stock Axys. Maybe they were lemons although one of them was in the Rasmussen stable so I kind of doubt it. Maybe the new 850 will be very good. Time will tell. It is still too heavy and it is, without a doubt, the ugliest sled that I have seen in a long time. The new primary may be a really good thing. I don't understand the smallish gas tank and oil tank other than giving Ski Doo the RTR weight thing to market. The Etec 800 has proven to be a thirsty beast so having a smaller tank probably means packing fuel on the rear part of the tunnel on some rides. I would rather have it in the tank where it better distributed. You can always put less gas in on shorter rides but you can't put more in a small tank after it is full. it is a bad idea just to gain some bragging rights that are of questionable veracity.

Premium Features