• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

RK Tek 860 ETEC out there and running great!

G

ghost rider

Dec 1, 2007
Big bore

First off I have the utmost respect for Kelsey and Big John. But I was there with my video camera on and here is the results. I was the guy with race gas turbo that semi lined up against shr880 and raced Kelsey up the hill. First I've never ran my turbo at 12 lbs it was at 8.4. Next he surely didn't beat me to the top( Kelsey can testify to that he was riding the sled).. The 880 did have me until a little over half the hill which is impressive. Our turbos rip and are flawless running, no way in hell a big bore could run with them at race gas levels(will line them up anytime).
That being said between shr880 and Kelsey 860 and scratley the order went 880 with larger track and more hp, then Kelsey 860 stock clutching piping etc., then scratley third.
The snow was epic deep, visibility so so but what a day!
I love riding with Kelsey and respect his work. All his stuff this year is running excellent.
We will b in preston Saturday to ride so come and play.

G

ghost rider

Dec 1, 2007
Big bore

Oh ya and i forgot to mention my favorite sleeper sled! Kelsey's 07 rev 860. That sled in the grass drags is fast and cleaned house and then he took it to the hill and it was just as impressive. That was my last sled before I switched to poo. Man I loved those revs.

hivoltagesledhead

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Nakusp, BC
Oh ya and i forgot to mention my favorite sleeper sled! Kelsey's 07 rev 860. That sled in the grass drags is fast and cleaned house and then he took it to the hill and it was just as impressive. That was my last sled before I switched to poo. Man I loved those revs.

YUP.....really wished i had kept my 04 REV.

M

Mcx Nytro

Nov 26, 2007
Vernon BC
Your gona get an eye opening when you run your turbo in deep snow against an 880 with a 3 inch. It hooks and just pulls when the turbo spins unless your pulling the 3 inch as well. I know you wont believe that but them are the facts..In more set up hill climbs the turbo wins .

interesting thread Up here in BC @revy or the glaciers by Whislter we have plenty of snow and BB sleds I ( T-Nytro @18lbs pump premium boost) have run up against 800's 900's 1000's 1050's and the only sled to compare with a turbo on gas is the 1200 on gas, and he has to run some serious boost to compete. Any 2 stroke or 4 race gas turbo with the (162) CE 2.5" will easily beat up on an 880 with the 3" track UNLESS that sled is not tuned properly This is proved by countless video's on you tube or any selection of Thunder, MMMania etc We have tons of BB running around here but unless it is 1200 or larger and then on NOS or boost you will not see them climbing the monster, out of the bullpen or the airport I don's mean to step on anyones toes but just look at the video's...02

Last edited:

BIG JOHN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesoooota
Hey ghost...it was a good day...and nice to meet you...and YES visibility was marginal Illl give ya that...but I /others saw kelsey pulling hard till 2/3 to 3/4 hill and GR caught kelsey on my sled, very impressive...have raced many a turbo and have never seen on make up that much ground (except for some heavy/high boost/lazy 4 strokers)...as with any "mountain" race running powder/track dictates alot...my sled had 0 boost and runs strong enough at elevation...turbos are just like BBs... some run better than others and yours/your groups ran very well...will doo it again next time :) BJ

edited for proper content...BJ

Last edited:

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
interesting thread Up here in BC @revy or the glaciers by Whislter we have plenty of snow and BB sleds I ( T-Nytro @18lbs pump premium boost) have run up against 800's 900's 1000's 1050's and the only sled to compare with a turbo on gas is the 1200 on gas, and he has to run some serious boost to compete. Any 2 stroke or 4 race gas turbo with the (162) CE 2.5" will easily beat up on an 880 with the 3" track UNLESS that sled is not tuned properly This is proved by countless video's on you tube or any selection of Thunder, MMMania etc We have tons of BB running around here but unless it is 1200 or larger and then on NOS or boost you will not see them climbing the monster, out of the bullpen or the airport I don's mean to step on anyones toes but just look at the video's...02

Yep the big 4 stroke Turbos flat rips.I should have been more specific, I,m referring to 800 class 2 strokes/turbos running stock track. I totally agree with your comments except 4 times and documented on Go pro has the finely tune 880/3 inch taken the Pro turbo.

Last edited:
Premium Features