• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2020 Ski-Doo Rev Gen4 850...(Rumors and Spy Photos)

idahoskiguy

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
Boise, ID
Is there a way to monitor fuel usage by actual fuel consumed? X gallons used equal Y gallon remaining. Would be great to know how much fuel has been consumed so you could have a very good idea of the fuel remaining in the tank. The bar gauge is only a reference and not very useful IMHO.

What I would like the gauge cluster to do though is to have at least some correlation between fuel level and fuel gauge read out!! As it is now it's ridiculous!!!! The number of bars on the gauge is at best a vague hint to how much fuel is left!

S
Mar 6, 2008
Northern Sweden
Is there a way to monitor fuel usage by actual fuel consumed? X gallons used equal Y gallon remaining. Would be great to know how much fuel has been consumed so you could have a very good idea of the fuel remaining in the tank. The bar gauge is only a reference and not very useful IMHO.

Should be no problem at all. The ECU knows how much fuel that is injected each revolution anyways. Just need some sort of memory circuit so the sled's brain can remember the level it was at when it was shut of last time.
The problem is that it will need a tank sensor anyways so it can determine fuel level after you have filled upp, to full or perhaps more difficult, partially.

Tyman212

Premium Member
Sep 1, 2012

Even just a fuel amount used like my truck has. I can then figure out how much I have left in the tank, I have to manually reset it like the trip. Would give a guy the option to track each tank, or track a whole bunch of fuel ups.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rab

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
Single rail in there mountain sled !

Bigger turbo in their Mach Z !

BNG in current chassis .

Electric version !!

idahoskiguy

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
Boise, ID
Heard from a secret source the new Gen5 will be totally green and windmill powered, completely silent, a weight of 250 pounds and leave no track in the snow:spider:

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
.. -would take the land issues away!

Ace
You really think the enviros would CARE at all what manner of mechanism we use to access "THEIR" lands?

Quiet would sooth some frayed nerves, no doubt about it.
But I have to think the "purests" really couldn't care less what we use to gain access, they just want all access restricted to FOOT and SKI only.

J
Jul 31, 2014
Fairhaven
You really think the enviros would CARE at all what manner of mechanism we use to access "THEIR" lands?

Quiet would sooth some frayed nerves, no doubt about it.
But I have to think the "purests" really couldn't care less what we use to gain access, they just want all access restricted to FOOT and SKI only.

The true purists don't even want boots on the ground. That'll become painfully apparent once they win their fight against mechanized transport, all the people who support the Sierra Club so they can hike in peace and quiet will be shocked when the fundamentalist faction of the Sierra Club tries to close areas to hiking.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
The true purists don't even want boots on the ground. That'll become painfully apparent once they win their fight against mechanized transport, all the people who support the Sierra Club so they can hike in peace and quiet will be shocked when the fundamentalist faction of the Sierra Club tries to close areas to hiking.
no-people-allowed-iso-sign-is-1139.png

Ski-doo#1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2011
GreatWhiteNorth
I want to be more realistic but I'm full of speculation...

If there is new gauges, it'll be on the trail sleds. You can buy a GPS and put it on your sled and this GPS has been around much longer (Garmin). I don't want them to do it at the factory cause then people who don't want it, have to pay for it. (Unless it is an option like Polaris but then what does this change from current times other than you don't install it yourself?) New gauges just don't make sense to me. However the gauge that is presented; I do want to be able to see temps, levels, speed and things alike.

I could see them updating the rear suspension in the mountain sleds (tMotion) and maybe even in the trail sleds (rMotion) but nahhh because the mountain suspension works and it is simple and less expensive to make. Nahhh to trail sleds because it remains the best in the industry.

Primary Clutching? Nahhh maybe update calibration to dial it in more but it is one of the more efficient primaries in the industry. Have they had problems? Yes but if you look, most of the problems are external things not the clutching itself. (motor mounts, surrounding metal pieces, venting)

Secondary Clutching? Yessssss, this can see an update I think. Not much reason as to why I think this could see an update, maybe just because it hasn't for a good deal of time.

Belt Drive? Ehhh, would only be mountain sleds and chain is typically more reliable. How much performance is actually gained? The chain is heavier than the belt but I imagine the gears on a chain drive are not all that much heavier than gears on a belt drive.

Low cost sled? Yes we need new people in the sport and how sad is it to say okay, best if you spend $13,000 on a new sled so we can do this. Then I ask how do they do make a sled under 10g? And I don't know... so maybe this isn't thing.

For mountain sled, I like a better approach angle or whatever it takes to help get them out on top of the snow. They trench but they keep moving forward, just not very fast (this is unique). The 3.5 pitch provides loads of traction but doesn't propel you up and forward (strictly speaking deep bottomless snow). There is a difference. I don't want a new track, I love the 3.5 pitch cause it doesn't quit.

Up and forward also means... Bye Bye fun factor which is one of the first things a guy notices getting on the G4. It is what separates it from the rest. Do we really want the fun factor to go away?

We need more adjustability on the fly. Otherwise you have to set your sled up per the riding conditions you are going to be in that day. No way your average guy is going to take the time for that, nor can he in some traveling situations. New FOX iQS is a step in the right direction, as is Ski-doo remote coupler, remote limiter strap, and Skinz Arc system.

I just put this together in ten minutes imagine guys who think about what the industry needs day-in and day-out. The future is bright.

Last edited:

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Low cost sled? Yes we need new people in the sport and how sad is it to say okay, best if you spend $13,000 on a new sled so we can do this. Then I ask how do they do make a sled under 10g? And I don't know... so maybe this isn't thing..

Right this moment you can buy a BRAND NEW 2019 SP 154 for $9,999
And there are a pile of them for sale.
This is a very good time for people to buy new Mountain Sleds.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Heck

Here is one with SHOT for crying out loud!

2019 Ski-Doo SUMMIT SP 154 850 E-TEC SHOT $10106<small> (4120 Steiner St. St. Bonifacius MN 55375)</small>

<section class="userbody"> <figure class="iw oneimage">
00h0h_7UfxMG6398P_600x450.jpg

</figure>

</section>

<section id="postingbody"> <big><big>2019 Ski-Doo SUMMIT SP 154 850 E-TEC SHOT</big></big>

<big><big>Price: $10,106.00</big></big>
<hr><big><big>St. Boni Motor Sports</big></big>
<big><big>Ask for: Sales
☎ (612) 361-4738 | Ad Id: 144
</big></big>
4120 Steiner Street St. Bonifacius, MN 55375</section>

Ski-doo#1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2011
GreatWhiteNorth
Yes, right now is a unique time. Very unique and anyone you know looking to get into the sport should take advantage of it. So let em know!

Adding a bit to the fun factor. The Polaris's fun factor is the least I would say IMO right now (strictly talking mountain sleds) but lets throw Chris Burandt into the talk and what he does to increase his fun factor 1.) More Power 2.) Cuts his tunnel

Both helping it turn into a wheelie machine (fun factor/fun machine) on demand. The main thing is on demand here. Power is an important factor here.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Yes, right now is a unique time. Very unique and anyone you know looking to get into the sport should take advantage of it. So let em know!

Adding a bit to the fun factor. The Polaris's fun factor is the least I would say IMO right now (strictly talking mountain sleds) but lets throw Chris Burandt into the talk and what he does to increase his fun factor 1.) More Power 2.) Cuts his tunnel

Both helping it turn into a wheelie machine (fun factor/fun machine) on demand. The main thing is on demand here. Power is an important factor here.
I am DEEPLY TORN right now.:face-icon-small-dis

I haven't built a full mod sled since 2012, and i am ready to dive back into that mud hole once again.:face-icon-small-hap

I know there is some cool new features coming on the 2020, but to get it I will have to SnowCheck one and that means it will arrive LATE in the Fall. Which means doing a late Fall / Early Winter build, which I really don't like doing.

BUT

On the other hand.
My new 2019 has been a FABULOUS Sled and these deals are SCREAMING HOT right now

What to do
What to do

rab

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
Not necessarily interested , I was just guessing what they might have in the works to release .

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Not necessarily interested , I was just guessing what they might have in the works to release .
Gotcha.
I am VERY interested to know what they have managed to keep under wraps this season.

Someone has some PICS and INSIDE INFO...

J
Mar 10, 2017
Eastern Idaho
If there is new gauges, it'll be on the trail sleds. You can buy a GPS and put it on your sled and this GPS has been around much longer (Garmin).

It's been so deep lately here that I constantly have a pile of snow 12-14" deep on top of my hood/gauge anyway. I rarely look at the gauge, on longer pulls I clear the snow off while keeping 'er pinned so I can check my RPM, but thats about it.

Here's a pic of my buddy standing next to his Alpha cat yesterday, he was stuck here, but...

Last edited:
Premium Features