• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Hahn's Peak Snow Conditions?

CROW

Lifetime Membership
Jul 25, 2002
Michigan
Have a trip planned for the 3rd week in January, just wondering if there is anyone in the area that could provide some updates?

M
Nov 29, 2014
Wisconsin
Hahn’s Peak

We are scheduled to arrive in Craig for 4 nights on January 6. 20 hour drive wondering how the snow is, sounds like the 550 trail isn’t open yet(talked to The Roadhouse folks). Is it worth coming or should we head elsewhere. We are turbo riders and want to find good snow I understand a lot can happen in 10 days. Any info would be appreciated.

J
Jan 21, 2016
Dillon, CO
I'm not sure how much of a drive difference it would be for you but I would head North into Wyoming or Montana. They are getting all the snow right now. I live 1.5hrs from Steamboat and I won't even make that drive right now from the reports that I have gotten. I know some people are riding and probably finding good snow but the risk of damaging my sled isn't worth it (been there done that).
2017-12-27.001.jpg

Check out the snowtel site too

https://www.wcc.nrcs.usda.gov/webma...&relativeDate=-1&lat=51.51&lon=-100.11&zoom=4

M
Nov 29, 2014
Wisconsin
Thanks a bunch for the info..normally we go to Alpine and Togwotee area. It is a bit more drive but we really don't care. We will go anywhere to find the snow, just want to find the best we can in the timeframe we have. Probably should be heading east. I appreciate your input and will probably chime in again as we get past the new year.

skicopper

Premium Member
Apr 10, 2014
Cooke City looks like it’s gonna be prime for the foreseeable future. 75” base with another 3+ feet on the way this weekend!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tmk50

Lifetime Membership
Sep 20, 2001
Brighton, Colorado
Good snow up north, still below average and we bounced off a few things where we usually don't have to worry this time of year. This last storm saved our trip, it would have been a rough go otherwise.

Looks like maybe another round for this weekend - hope this pattern keeps up.

madmaxx

Lifetime Membership
Dec 29, 2007
NW Iowa
Heading there on the 25th, staying in a house along 129 about 3.2 miles south of the road house. Are we able to ride along the road or can we make our way through trees up to Pearl lake state park and hook up to the trail system? Any help would be appreciated!

Premium Features