• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SHR adjustable weights

F
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesota
How are you getting around Dalton’s patent on the adjustments? Your ramps infringe.

Dalton's patented Quick Adjust Cam Arms Straight from Dalton’s site, your adding and subtracting weight from the main body in the same manor. Wait until Dale sees this. Sell them while you can.

http://www.daltonindustries.com/product_detail.php?product_id=40

Ha has..........

as always, waaaayyyyyyyyy behind.

Now where are all of those 'participation Trophies" we keep around for kids like you.

DITCHBANGER

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Put a few miles on the SHR weights today and they are a very nice improvement over last years clutching, well worth the money:thumb:

Ace Freely

Lifetime Membership
Jul 6, 2002
Wenatchee, WA
That link to Dalton's website is for Polaris weights, Big John's are for Ski Doo...I guess I'm missing why you feel there was an "infrigment" on a patent...

Ace

BIG JOHN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesoooota
How are you getting around Dalton’s patent on the adjustments? Your ramps infringe.

Dalton's patented Quick Adjust Cam Arms Straight from Dalton’s site, your adding and subtracting weight from the main body in the same manor. Wait until Dale sees this. Sell them while you can.

http://www.daltonindustries.com/product_detail.php?product_id=40

sigh...

NOT that I have to explain myself to you....

THAT patent has expired...

Thank you for your concern-BJ

BIG JOHN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesoooota
Number 1 kit on the mountain...

LOW elevation, HIGH elevation IN sled tuning!!

TURBO set ups...

TIP weight is the key, just saying...BJ

I

Insaneboltrounder/sjohns

Nov 26, 2007

Juggs

Premium Member
Dec 10, 2007
how much for just the weights ? i have seen 2 different prices

Juggs

Premium Member
Dec 10, 2007
what does john call these weights ? gonna have wife order me a set for christmas,, just so she know what to call them when she calls

High Voltage

Lifetime Membership
Jan 30, 2003
Helena, MT
what does john call these weights ? gonna have wife order me a set for christmas,, just so she know what to call them when she calls

Just ask for 850 adjustable weights she will need to know the year, and any other modifications you may have done to the drive train.

I

ins0mnia

Jul 31, 2017
Chicago, IL

I ordered the weights. John asked which sled I have (model/year/length), whether I had the updates done; and how much I weigh. I ended up getting the primary spring for lower engagement as well as new sprockets.

Ace Freely

Lifetime Membership
Jul 6, 2002
Wenatchee, WA
Some thoughts on BJ's clutch kit...
First ride on the 850 was today. He sent me a new primary spring, secondary spring, and weight kit.*

Rode Hwy 20 out of Winthrop WA. 2 ft base, with 2 to 3 ft on top. Max elevation was almost 6k.*

For the times that the snow wasn't 6 inches deep on the gauge, the rpm would hit and stay at 7800 to 7900. Backshift was INSTANT, and it pulled hard across the band, with no lazy spots.

Clutches were hot, but with the amount of snow on the hood, not surprising!

Went 33 miles, and am sitting at 75% break in.

All in all, 2 thumbs up to SHR on this clutch kit!

Ace

I
Dec 14, 2001
Archer, Idaho
Insane performance

I have BJ's clutch set-up, (diff pri. weights than this thread), and in 30 years of mod sleds, I have NEVER ridden a sled that has so much instant response and pull. Not a turbo, not a big bore, nuthin. I have ridden many with more power, but delivering that power to the track and being useable, is a completely different animal and amazing.

Gen4, 154x3", stock motor.

If you doo the SHR clutch kit package, be forewarned, you had better step up your arm workouts, because it will literally pull your arms out of their sockets ! :D

Last edited:

ldzielak

Premium Member
Jan 13, 2017
Cumberland, BC, Canada
Ordered my kit from BJ after messaging him past few days. Already have the Black QRS spring and ordered the 150/350 primary spring from my dealer.

Looking forward to some on the hill tuning!

Thanks again BJ!

Last edited:
Premium Features