• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Rev Gen 4 2018.

I

inspector01

Mar 21, 2013
MN
What happened to all the talk of the factory turbo 2-stroke? That was the whole point of the 850 I thought.

B
Feb 18, 2009
Refinements is what I anticipate... but no changes in design.

Good bracing and bumpers that tie it all together...tunnel/drivetrain bracing.... all in the aftermarket.
This chassis does not seem any less durable than the past...and is the lightest to date... it will be up to the customers to add weight to the sled with more bracing etc...

Clutching will need to be addressed... and from what I hear, both BRP and the aftermarket are hard at work for this.
This is a reasonable expectation by all IMO.

I would not say the bulkhead is better then any previous REV. It's actually hard to compare because in the past the S module would often just bend where now it's cracking. In the past the GnR braces would effectively solve the problem but I'm not so sure now because you can always ride with a tweaked/bent bulkhead but it would be a really bad idea with a cracked bulkhead!

And btw I'm pretty sure the 2008 XP Summit was the lightest Summit ever released. Of course that all changed in the next year...

J
Oct 21, 2015
Minnesota
What do we have, like three weeks until the 2018 sleds are out? Anyone have more info on what we are getting for 2018? Heard possibility of the Freeride in he 850 chassis.

ryanjeri

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
ID
I would like to see an Obama Care financing option,
All you guys buy an 18 at 30 to 50% more than you would typically pay so I can get one for cheap.

C

cowkiller

Nov 26, 2007
Eugene Or.
gen4

I want to see it in a /600/650 cc option otherwise I am buying an xm 600 for the wife.
MySP 154/3" has been flawless for 800 mi. I like mine the way it is. As long as things stay together

MOUNTAINGOATXRS

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
1. Better snow evacuation at front of boards
2. Raise fuel cap area to keep ice and snow buildup out of fuel tank, fuel Cap was frozen solid every fuel up so far
3. Redesign high beam and grip heater controls, mine have been frozen solid all winter
4. Redesign goggle box area to keep snow build up down, snow falls into it keeping goggles fogged up
5. Needs more power to dust the axys, very disapointing to get dusted by an axys
6. Somebody design a hard plastic trunk to fix the ugly non e-start batteryless area
7. Lower the seat slightly

If youre getting dusted by an axys, you need much more than a few more ponies. You need to book an extended trip with brett rasmussen or carl schuster. They are not even close. But , hey on lake maybe the axys is right there. In the mountains. ....on climbs.....its incomparable. ...imo...what ive witnessed firsthand...for about 450 miles..

Rotax_Kid

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Regina, SK
Refinements this year guys. Guessing they have a number of parts in the pipeline and sitting in inventory. Costly to change molds, jigs, etc and you don't do that unless you really have to or can make money at it.

I will not be surprised to see a new rear skid. Nothing wrong with current, calibration is actually really good, but good feeling something new is coming down the pipe.

Longer track option - 17X

Gauge package - bet trail models will see some sort of GPS function enabled gauge package...not a add on

Rest of the line needs a facelift more than the mountain segment. Some models are still in the XP chassis. I bet more energy will be spent on those than on adding more new tech to the G4

J
Oct 21, 2015
Minnesota
So refinements/fixes to the current summit 850's. New color scheme. Possibly a 174 in the G4 chassis?

updated gauge packaged on trail sleds. New colors as well.

and getting a few more models into the G4 configuration... does that mean a 650 etec?

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
1. Better snow evacuation at front of boards
2. Raise fuel cap area to keep ice and snow buildup out of fuel tank, fuel Cap was frozen solid every fuel up so far
3. Redesign high beam and grip heater controls, mine have been frozen solid all winter
4. Redesign goggle box area to keep snow build up down, snow falls into it keeping goggles fogged up
5. Needs more power to dust the axys, very disapointing to get dusted by an axys
6. Somebody design a hard plastic trunk to fix the ugly non e-start batteryless area
7. Lower the seat slightly

Are you Doo boys reading this? I want the G4 to succeed too (good for the sport) but to get beat by a sled 50 cc smaller and 15 hp less, that is downright embarrassing. The other points are good too.

rulonjj

Lifetime Membership
Apr 15, 2008
capitol town, WY
Are you Doo boys reading this? I want the G4 to succeed too (good for the sport) but to get beat by a sled 50 cc smaller and 15 hp less, that is downright embarrassing. The other points are good too.

Lol. The 850 is succeeding and in my opinion, dominating. I have yet to see an axys dust an 850. If you compare completely stock sleds, it comes down to who's the better rider, the axys rider has to be a better rider than the 850 rider to keep up. People can't seem to believe how good it goes until they see it with their own eyes.

N

NWaxys

Feb 28, 2016
Eastern WA back country
Lol. The 850 is succeeding and in my opinion, dominating. I have yet to see an axys dust an 850. If you compare completely stock sleds, it comes down to who's the better rider, the axys rider has to be a better rider than the 850 rider to keep up. People can't seem to believe how good it goes until they see it with their own eyes.

Honestly I love the g 4 and most every thing about it, the axys is still hard sled to beat in the most difficult of terrain and trees. It's so much more lighter and manuver able w ease. Not bashing the 850 by any means I been pulling lines on it that make me nervous but all I know is I love having both

PaulAnd

Premium Member
Oct 17, 2010
Northern IL.
If your getting dusted by an axis,,, your clutching is Fawked.

Just to clarify
165X 3"
@ 120 miles 60% breakin left 1000 feet elevation, black secondary, pin weight 23grams "goodwin kit" max rpm 8100
drag racing on the trail
A 2015 174 walked away from me from a rolling start several times

@ 280 miles 6% break-in left snowy's 8000k'ish, black secondary, 20gram pin weight max rpm 8100 drag racing on trail
A 2016 163 axys neck and neck from dead stop till 50-60 then walked away from me
My max mph recall 77

I spend most of my time in tight tree's
So no real climbing to compare these sleds
Snow was very good in snowy's couple weeks back, anything steep we stayed off of.

Still on original belt, deflection set perfectly, primary looks like it was on fire at sometime... clutches after 1 week of riding look like they are 2 years old..
Primary clutch issues would be my best guess?
Had to tighten chain almost every ride
"Clunk"

On a HUGE positive
This sled is VERY easy to ride all day long, no fatigue at all even after a week of riding hard!
Steering effort WAY easier than Pro and Axys.
It goes anywhere! Climbing power and control are Simply awesome!
Started first pull everytime!!
No boging ever!!
Pro's and axys barely started on cold mornings, and were plagued with bogging and cutting out all week..

It took a beating! My front bumper and A-arms have a coating of bark!
Wedged inbetween 2 big trees..
Running board should have cracked but didnt.
Hit a fence post full throttle on a climb
Over the bars.. a-arm and skid plate hit,
No damage
Hit quite a few boulders under the snow..
No damage..
I'm that guy that finds all the hidden things and destroys A-arms and bulkheads..
So far so good for me!
Sorry for all the peeps out there with issues!
Hang in there!

BLSDEEP

Lifetime Membership
Dec 18, 2007
Bozeman
Just to clarify
165X 3"
@ 120 miles 60% breakin left 1000 feet elevation, black secondary, pin weight 23grams "goodwin kit" max rpm 8100
drag racing on the trail
A 2015 174 walked away from me from a rolling start several times

@ 280 miles 6% break-in left snowy's 8000k'ish, black secondary, 20gram pin weight max rpm 8100 drag racing on trail
A 2016 163 axys neck and neck from dead stop till 50-60 then walked away from me
My max mph recall 77

I spend most of my time in tight tree's
So no real climbing to compare these sleds
Snow was very good in snowy's couple weeks back, anything steep we stayed off of.

Still on original belt, deflection set perfectly, primary looks like it was on fire at sometime... clutches after 1 week of riding look like they are 2 years old..
Primary clutch issues would be my best guess?
Had to tighten chain almost every ride
"Clunk"

On a HUGE positive
This sled is VERY easy to ride all day long, no fatigue at all even after a week of riding hard!
Steering effort WAY easier than Pro and Axys.
It goes anywhere! Climbing power and control are Simply awesome!
Started first pull everytime!!
No boging ever!!
Pro's and axys barely started on cold mornings, and were plagued with bogging and cutting out all week..

It took a beating! My front bumper and A-arms have a coating of bark!
Wedged inbetween 2 big trees..
Running board should have cracked but didnt.
Hit a fence post full throttle on a climb
Over the bars.. a-arm and skid plate hit,
No damage
Hit quite a few boulders under the snow..
No damage..
I'm that guy that finds all the hidden things and destroys A-arms and bulkheads..
So far so good for me!
Sorry for all the peeps out there with issues!
Hang in there!

Your ruining way to high RPMs!
For Peak tq/hp you should 7800-7900 tops.
Dyno runs show this motors falls off hard at 8100.
I ride with 3 other 850's. We have proven on the mountain.
Your leaving a lot on the table.

PaulAnd

Premium Member
Oct 17, 2010
Northern IL.
It was too cold that week to add pin weight! :)
Yep needed a little more weight.
Anybody else adding pin weight out of break-in mode?

A
Jan 28, 2010
If youre getting dusted by an axys, you need much more than a few more ponies. You need to book an extended trip with brett rasmussen or carl schuster. They are not even close. But , hey on lake maybe the axys is right there. In the mountains. ....on climbs.....its incomparable. ...imo...what ive witnessed firsthand...for about 450 miles..

Axys has been out climbing 850 all year I've seen this first hand all year 1000 plus miles. 850 has more power but doesn't get on top on snow as fast, with all the mechanical failures 850 seems like an epic fail glad I didn't buy one

Premium Features