• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Snow bike tie down

bubbacorn

Premium Member
Nov 8, 2011
Has anyone made a clamp for the TS ski?
I'll be hauling on a deck. Looking for a way to tie down 2 or 3 bikes
without crushing the forks.

needpowder

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Utah
They say those won't work with a two stroke pipe. I'm looking for something else as well.

wwillf01

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2012
Heber Ut
I use it on my 2 stroke... Depends on the pipe or you can make a little ramp in middle so it goes up and over...you would need to drive out of it though with the Ski kit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

needpowder

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Utah
I use it on my 2 stroke... Depends on the pipe or you can make a little ramp in middle so it goes up and over...you would need to drive out of it though with the Ski kit

Unsure what you mean. Ramp seems like a good idea but are you saying i have to go forward to get out of it? Do you use yours with a trailer? I'm only gonna haul in the back of my truck. I really like the looks of this carry system but i ruled it out awhile ago. Maybe prematurely? FMF Fatty on my cr500.

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
Easiest thing for helping the ski out to hold up the machine on it's own no matter what track your running is two chunks of a 2 x 6 with a lanyard string .

So after you load the machine tip the machine a bit to one side kick one of the 2 x 6 under the out side bar and tip on to it and kick the other under the other outside bar , fits perfect .

Now somebody need to take that to the next step and make it out of a good plastic that you can bump stop the ski onto .

wwillf01

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2012
Heber Ut
Unsure what you mean. Ramp seems like a good idea but are you saying i have to go forward to get out of it? Do you use yours with a trailer? I'm only gonna haul in the back of my truck. I really like the looks of this carry system but i ruled it out awhile ago. Maybe prematurely? FMF Fatty on my cr500.

So with wheels in the summer I put a half cut log to roll in and out of mount.... using a procurcuit pipe. Now when I had a fmf Fatty it will go in with the arms in the down position... In the winter with a track I use a trailer.... So this will be my first year trying... at first glance it appears the pipe will clear...I can update with photos when I am back in town. It might be a big pain to pull it back out with the ski over a ramp to make the pipe clear. This is using my 300.. I am pretty sure though with the kit it is a little higher and clearance should be good... the other option is to run a strap to each of the foot pegs and cinch them down.... the strap should attach directly under the pegs,,,Same concept and cheaper

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

wwillf01

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2012
Heber Ut
I really like those Risk Racing Lock-N-Loads. Been thinking about getting a pair for the back of my truck.

For a 4 stroke they are a no brainer and super sturdy for my 2 stroke I like them also just a little for love is needed to get them to fit depending on the pipe. I live on some pretty horrible roads now there is no more stopping and readjusting.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

R

Rush44

Nov 26, 2007
Flathead Valley, MT
The question is are they wide enough to let me fit my ski with TS wheels kit through them. If they don't I would hate to have to remove the wheels to fit them through.

wwillf01

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2012
Heber Ut
There are dimensions on there website open and closed

mikew5945

Lifetime Membership
Aug 30, 2009
SW Montana
The question is are they wide enough to let me fit my ski with TS wheels kit through them. If they don't I would hate to have to remove the wheels to fit them through.

Are your wheels wider than the foot pegs? No brainer from there.

Last edited:

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
I've tried till the month of Sunday to figure out how to make those risk racing tie downs work on our units but the belly pan won't allow the drive threw without creating a complicated process .

I seen a set up several years back for enclosed trailers that when you drove the bike or bikes in you reached up and pull down a scissored frame that used velcro straps around the grips , it's a quick process and made way more sense than the wall tracks or floor tie downs in an enclosed .

I have searched for this product and have not been able to find it ?

E
Oct 15, 2016
I bought the lock and load system. Works great in the truck with wheels on the bike. Once I put the track on the bike sits to high and the pegs go over instead of into the jaws. Has anyone else run into this problem? I guess I'll have to build some sort of removable spacer.

Premium Features