• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

My IQR build

I
Mar 26, 2008
Proctor MN
My IQR build (New Pics 11-01-09)

Here are some pictures of the new ride for this season. My hubby and I are building together, not only am I learning how to put a sled together, but I am starting to understand light-weight parts and loving how my new sled is going to work.

I just got my Ladies ride calendar today and noticed that there wasn't any IQR's sleds so maybe next year??!!??!! :rolleyes:

Sled info:

VE boondock tunnel in wrinkle black
Carls' 685
Z-bro's complete front end with exit shocks
EZ Ryde suspension with Z-bros shocks
150x2.5 camo extreme track

Here are some pictures of the build so far:

Transfer drilling holes into the blank bulkhead using the spare stock tunnel
IMG_0942.jpg

Cleaning up some bolt holes
IMG_1039.jpg

Footrest modifaction
IMG_1043.jpg

IMG_1056.jpg

IMG_1061.jpg

IMG_1059.jpg

IMG_1052.jpg

IMG_1065.jpg

IMG_1068.jpg

Front end install:
IMG_1067.jpg

Last edited:
C

CoyoteGirl

Nov 26, 2007
Washington
www.brandyfloyd.com
Hmm.. would be nice to have a badasssss IQR in there! ;)

Nice job! Lots of work and soooo rewarding! :D

This picture makes me giggle.. I didn't do that first time I pulled my engine and ya...... got them backwards. NO FUN! :rolleyes:

I just got my Ladies ride calendar today and noticed that there wasn't any IQR's sleds so maybe next year??!!??!! :rolleyes:

IMG_1052.jpg

[/IMG]

I
Mar 26, 2008
Proctor MN
Yeah, I am looking forward to it. I will post more pictures as we get her put together. We are hoping to start her this weekend, then we will be driving over to MI to get the EZ RYDE installed.

Now I just need a name for her....She is going to have a black hood with red metal flake in it to look sortof like a bass boat!!
I was thinking Black Betty, but not sure yet....if you have any ideas, I would love to hear them!!!

I
Mar 26, 2008
Proctor MN
IMG_1079.jpg

IMG_1084.jpg

IMG_1085.jpg

IMG_1096.jpg

IMG_1097.jpg

IMG_1099.jpg

IMG_1105.jpg

IMG_1108.jpg

IMG_1115.jpg

She is getting very close...can't wait to jump on and ride! Still looking for ideas for names if any of you have ideas.:rolleyes:
Waiting on new brake line as the stock one is too short with my new riser, also waiting for the right side panel as the hubby ordered the wrong one...oh well extra parts for his IQR :) Should be running this week!!

Last edited:
I
Mar 26, 2008
Proctor MN
Went over last weekend to EZ ryde, got the skid installed. Hubby made the trip while I was on a much needed girls weekend. The right side panel was not installed due to UPS, they stole my sidepanel at the Polaris distribution facility. It was suppossed to come via Speedy delivery, but the UPS guy put it in his truck and didn't find it until Omhaha NE!!!!! Then they just dropped it back off to Speedy to be delivered. :(

IMG_1122.jpg

The patient

IMG_1121.jpg

Chriatian from EZ ryde doing his measuring thing.
IMG_1125.jpg

Installing shocks
IMG_1129.jpg

Finished product

IMG_1131.jpg

IMG_1135.jpg

As of now, the hood is off at paint, just need to get it back and do some final assembly and she will be ready to go.

Last edited:
R

rmk_racer

Nov 26, 2007
Spring Creek, NV
Looks sweet! Bet you can't wait to ride it! How did the 685 motor work out for you? Did you ride it last spring?

I've got an 08 iqr sitting in my trailer, no pics yet, have to work on that! Took it for a brief test ride last spring before buying it and picked it up last summer. Can't wait to hop on and squeeze the trigger!

I
Mar 26, 2008
Proctor MN
Update, hood is back from paint, just finished up installing all kinds of vents into it.

Color came out as a dark cherry/black with lots of red metallic in it, looks really cool when the sun hits it.

IMG_1280.jpg

IMG_1282.jpg

Vents:

IMG_1277.jpg

IMG_1279.jpg

Hood semi installed, Ean set the headlight in there so we could take our Christmas Pictures with the sleds.

IMG_1284.jpg

More finished pictures to come. just finishing up the rest of the vent installs and sealing the headlight/intake area, then she is ready for snow! Good thing too, it started snowing in MN! Finally!

Jan 21, 2008
OMG that rocks - the whole thing - the color - you getting to build it everything - merry christmas to you :face-icon-small-hap

I
Mar 26, 2008
Proctor MN
IMG_1347.jpg

IMG_1401.jpg

IMG_1402.jpg

IMG_1406.jpg

IMG_1379.jpg

IMG_1380.jpg

IMG_1396.jpg

IMG_1395.jpg

Our trip to Cooke City was a blast! I love the new sled. She did tell me her name when we were out there. RUBY is the newest member of our sleds and she is awesome. My husband rode her for about 5 miles the first day to make sure everything was working okay and after that, I would not get off of it! The weight difference in the new chassis and the jump from a 600 to a 685 is amazing. I don't think I will ever ride another sled. I love my EZ Ryde and my exit shocks are amazing. Anyone looking at these from Zbros and wondering if they are really worth the money, all I can say is YES YES YES!! While I was riding down a nasty trail at the end of the day, my friends with stock skids were in front of me and she was getting bucked around, I felt like I was sitting on my lazy boy! IT was GREAT!!

Angermangement890

Lifetime Membership
Mar 17, 2002
Frazee, MN
www.koolmekustoms.com
Nice pics. So nice to fall inlove, isn't it? :)

Helllloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo RUBY! :beer; :cool:

Sure is nice to fall in love, too bad she won't let me ride the sled. :(

It should say: Hellooooo Ruuuby, good bye my chance to ride it, I will need to equip myself with dynamite and a crowbar to get her off that thing. Which is good and the whole reason we built it.

Y
Nov 26, 2007
nice job carol,oh you to ean.feel's good to know the sled you ride inside and out.now it we could find the easy button for the auto unstuck it would be great.:D

M

Marmot

Apr 8, 2009
Right On girl!!! What a wicked and unique build! Love how the hood turned out! And so cool you have a ride, that you are so comfy on!!! :D

Premium Features