• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Silber turbo bog

S
Feb 11, 2017
Don’t generally post much but I’m at a loss as to what to try next. I’ve got a2016 axys rmk 800 with a sibler turbo on it. The sled runs flawlessly with the 3# spring both here in Michigan and out west at every location I’ve ridden. But when I put the 5# or 7# in it It devvelopes a low end bog when coming off full throttle and then back on.or anytime I vary the throttle. I’ve checked an cleaned the powervalves checked the reeds tried new plugs. Gapped to .18 adjusted belt deflection , cchecked the tps, tss, tether, and kill switch. Checked the pipe for leaks all exhuast connections are double springed. Checked bov , made sure the fuel was good. Have had the clutches apart to check for broken parts. All good. Have tried playing with different weights . Doesn’t help. Commpresision in both cylinders is 120 . I replaced the sensor that comes with the kit just to eliminate the possibility of that being bad. Had silber reflash the ecm again . The sled has been on the polaris digital wrench numerous time and everything checks out. Talked to silber numerous times and so far we cant figure it out. Just looking for some input. Or ideas on what to look at next.

RMK900Tractor

Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2008
Eau Claire, WI
Don’t generally post much but I’m at a loss as to what to try next. I’ve got a2016 axys rmk 800 with a sibler turbo on it. The sled runs flawlessly with the 3# spring both here in Michigan and out west at every location I’ve ridden. But when I put the 5# or 7# in it It devvelopes a low end bog when coming off full throttle and then back on.or anytime I vary the throttle. I’ve checked an cleaned the powervalves checked the reeds tried new plugs. Gapped to .18 adjusted belt deflection , cchecked the tps, tss, tether, and kill switch. Checked the pipe for leaks all exhuast connections are double springed. Checked bov , made sure the fuel was good. Have had the clutches apart to check for broken parts. All good. Have tried playing with different weights . Doesn’t help. Commpresision in both cylinders is 120 . I replaced the sensor that comes with the kit just to eliminate the possibility of that being bad. Had silber reflash the ecm again . The sled has been on the polaris digital wrench numerous time and everything checks out. Talked to silber numerous times and so far we cant figure it out. Just looking for some input. Or ideas on what to look at next.

Have you checked your fuel pressure?

What spark plug brand and model?

sleeper

Premium Member
Feb 28, 2011
I have the same issue with mine. I have a 2017 Axys rmk 800 163. added the silber turbo in the fall. Started with the 3# spring for the first month and then went to the 5# in February. Have done almost everything you have done. I do have some fire-n-ice intake vents to add next. I thought maybe it wasn't getting enough air on the deep days last month up in Wyoming. I traded phone calls with Justin @ silber too.

Going to replace the 3 relays, to eliminate those, this weekend when I am back in Wyoming.

thanks
Mike

S
Feb 11, 2017
Also talked with Justin today. He had me check the line to the bov to make sure it wasn’t plugged somehow. It wasn’t. He also told me to pit a boost guage on it to see if its running the the boost it’s supposed to with all the springs.

willjogervais

Lifetime Membership
Mar 2, 2011
SW Minnesota
Change your plugs to bpr9eya's. They have always run better on higher boost than the es's. I won't go as far to say that is your problem, but I wouldn't be surprised if it is. It made a world of difference on my first axys when I changed from the bpr9es to the eya. If nothing else, you should be running those plugs anyway. Good luck, it sucks chasing down a gremlin

Octanee

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2010
Cranbrook Bc
In my experience with tuning my pro Is the low end bog at times is caused by too much fuel, my theory/s which can, be wrong, it's dumping fuel under boost, then you shut the air off, still some fuel in there yet to be burned,
you grab a handfull of throttle, turbos spooled so instant boost and fuel on top of still being a bit rich. Seems like for me when mine bogs like that if I snap the throttle and hit it again itll take off after that as to riding the bog out.

Whether it's a bov issue or Not? I don't know Them kits, if your map sensor is in the pressure side pre throttle Bodies and the bov is late to open it'll throw fuel in still even though your throttle Blades are closed due to reading a air pressure being there when maybe it shouldn't be?

S
Feb 11, 2017
Yeah , I feel like it may be a fuel issue also. Just dont know how to prove it or what to do about it. My sled will actually stall it bogs so bad.

sleeper

Premium Member
Feb 28, 2011
I have been running the eya plugs since the beginning and gapped at .018.
since I am new to turbo's, you guys may already know the answer..... if there is that much of a delay when you are full wick to off throttle and back on, why do we run in ethanol mode, which adds more fuel ? if too much fuel is the issue
and that may be causing the bog /stall.

it doesn't seem to happen if working the throttle lets say in the 30-50% range and then full pin......she will rip right out from ya, no hesitation there.

Octanee

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2010
Cranbrook Bc
Yeah , I feel like it may be a fuel issue also. Just dont know how to prove it or what to do about it. My sled will actually stall it bogs so bad.

Yeah that's really bad if it's that severe, does it fire right back up or take a bit as if it's "fouled"?

R

RZRNUT

Feb 8, 2009
Silber Bog

I have been fighting the same thing on my son's sled. We both have 155 2016, 2017 Silber Turbos. Both sleds running 7 pounds of boost. The only difference was the clutching. His sled was stock Helix, Yellow primary spring, 120-340 and 72 grams Polaris weights. Ran 8300 rpms, felt good but still had that bad bog. My sled has 1400 Flawless miles with no bogs and feels snappier.

The clutch set up on my sled is 48 Helix, same Yellow Primary spring, Black Orange Secondary Spring, 180-280 and Indy Dans Turbo weights set at the lightest, 68 Grams. I swapped my clutches with his and wow! His sled now rips and no bog. 8400 rpms at 10k. I am going to put the same setup in my sled now. I do not know clutching, but a good friend of mine helped me out.

With his old setup in my sled it feels less snappy but I still don't have the bog.
I think some sleds are more picky with clutching.

twaage

Premium Member
Jan 1, 2008
MN
I had the same problem last year only with a 2015. I set the air intake/pressure sensor deeper into the charge tube. Changed the bov to a larger turbo smart unit and ran two single lines to it. one from each intake boot. Also tuned the spring in the bov to open quickly. If i blip the throttle on the stand i can see it open. This year it didnt bog once. It runs perfect.

S
Feb 11, 2017
Ive been running the clutch kit that came with the turbo. Ive tried playing around w the heal and tip weight but it hasn’t helped. A friend ofmine has the same sled and turbo with The indy dan kit in his sled and it runs great. Im just alittle gun shy on throwing more money at mine if im not sure it’ll make a difference.

sledheadd

Premium Member
Dec 1, 2007
too far from mountains Alberta Canada
Ive been running the clutch kit that came with the turbo. Ive tried playing around w the heal and tip weight but it hasn’t helped. A friend ofmine has the same sled and turbo with The indy dan kit in his sled and it runs great. Im just alittle gun shy on throwing more money at mine if im not sure it’ll make a difference.

Indy Specialties clutching worked for me also. Cleared up the bog

Premium Features