• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ktm 450 bike build

B
Sep 12, 2018
Hey guys just finished up installing a 16 mhlt on a 13 ktm sxf 450. I still plan on instaling a thermo bob. My question is what tuning are people doing on their ktms? Ill be running anywhere from 1,000ft up to 9,000ft. Do i even have to tune it? If so im just looking for something simple.

GKR

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton
No tuning required. Tuners are nice but not necessary. More important to keep your engine temps up. Thermostat is mandatory in my opinion, possible engine jacket or similar if you still find it runs cold. If you do that and keep temps where they should be the bike will work great.
I ride with a 2013 KTM 450 and it works great with stock ecm and tune.

K

kell8071

Feb 4, 2013
Vashon, WA
I'm on the same bike and had cooling issues until I put a valve in the thermo-thermo-bob bypass line to limit the fliw. It seems counter intuitive but made a huge difference. Just fyi.

Kell

B
Sep 16, 2017
We have a few options for you. C3 is my favourite thermostat too. Pm me ill get your a discount code for parts for your build!
Check out RmcSnowbikes.ca
https://rmcsnowbikes.ca/collections/new-snowbike-thermostats-temp-management
TempKTMOrange_480x.png

Premium Features