• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

I bit the bullet and got a BD turbo for my kx450f

C-man

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Edmonton, AB
At the sled show yesterday I put a deposit on a turbo for the 13 kx450! So excited. Years ago I had a 2moto on my old 450 and loved every minute of it but lacking a lot of hp.
I found a LT kit in Calgary so early this week I should be buying it unless I find something cheaper. Cyclops 600 headlight will be coming in as well.

Just a few questions.

What are good gas can setups? My old setup fell off all the time on the 2moto.

I do not want a auto clutch but I hear its a must to upgrade the stock one....What would be a good choice for a clutch?

My rad plugged up quite a bit in the deep powder. What is a good solution for that?

Rear brake? I would really love a handlebar lever setup....Do you guys just run the rear brake line straight to the rear caliper? Do they have split lines so I can just use the foot or hand lever?

OF course I haven't been doing much research lately and just happened to actually purchase this kit at the sled show yesterday....So any hints on my bike specifically??!! Cause Im already balls deep into this and no turning back now!

Last edited:
A

adamd1979

Dec 17, 2011
Kenai, Alaska
I for one don't care for the rear foot brake so I've used my front brake line and just re-routed it to hook up to the Timbersled. Takes a bit to get used to the only brake being on the handlebars, but I like it. Congrats on the purchase!

C-man

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Edmonton, AB
Anyone know what kind of weight these can handle? I see they are coil overs and Im 280lbs. Will I have to upgrade right away?

K

KMS

Dec 1, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
www.kmsperformance.com
Congrats. I wish you much success on your bike. On that bike I would highly suggest Head Studs. You do not have to remove the head to install them, however the OEM Kawi bolts may let you down with the turbo. For the clutch, I setup my customers with either the Lockout or the Rekluse. If you are looking for a clutch setup that does not offer the slipper function, I would suggest the lockout (less than 1/2 the price of the HO Rekluse).

C-man

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Edmonton, AB
Congrats. I wish you much success on your bike. On that bike I would highly suggest Head Studs. You do not have to remove the head to install them, however the OEM Kawi bolts may let you down with the turbo. For the clutch, I setup my customers with either the Lockout or the Rekluse. If you are looking for a clutch setup that does not offer the slipper function, I would suggest the lockout (less than 1/2 the price of the HO Rekluse).
Thanks. What kind of head bolts should I get? What should I tighten them to? If I don't have to take the head off it'll be a piece of cake.

M
Jan 14, 2004
At 280 IMO you will need stiffer springs on the kit particularly on the front . My buddy at 230 bottoms his all the time, you may want stiffer fork springs as well being that big, not sure what's in the Kawi. I don't see a year anywhere, its not the air fork year?

M5

C-man

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Edmonton, AB
Thanks it is a 2013 but I swapped the suspension from my 12 so the front is dialed in with te stiffest they make! Air forks I put back on the 12

C-man

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Edmonton, AB
At 280 IMO you will need stiffer springs on the kit particularly on the front . My buddy at 230 bottoms his all the time, you may want stiffer fork springs as well being that big, not sure what's in the Kawi. I don't see a year anywhere, its not the air fork year?

M5
I re-read that post and I guess I should find a stiffer front spring on the skid. Can I put air shocks on the skid? I have a lot if air shocks from sleds we are parting out. Im assuming these are going to be short buggers.

L

lacesout

Oct 5, 2014
the LT should come with a gas can. I think all the kits come with one.

Im pretty sure the timbersled out performs the moto2 by a big margin. You could have gotten by without a turbo for one season. I like your style though!!!

Last edited:
Premium Features