• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

UFO kit

Motogeek33

Lifetime Membership
Jan 23, 2009
North Idaho
Seems like that was one of the "benefits" to this kit for the "vertically challenged" (myself included) -- I'd heard 4-6" lower average seat height compared to TS?

That does sound interesting... I absolutely love my Mountain Horse, but in soft snow, getting back on the bike can be REALLY tough. My 74-year-old dad with two new knees is really intrigued by snowbikes and is thinking about making the jump from a sled, but the height issue might be too much to overcome. Sitting a few inches lower is a great idea.

summitboy

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Does anyone here have time on the UFO and the TS ? Differences ? I heard the UFO articulates to much amd kinda loses some power to the track. Doesnt get up and go like the TS. Any thoughts or experiences ? Very nice kit i thought !

R
Feb 5, 2011
Priest Lake
Doubled down

Does anyone here have time on the UFO and the TS ? Differences ? I heard the UFO articulates to much amd kinda loses some power to the track. Doesnt get up and go like the TS. Any thoughts or experiences ? Very nice kit i thought !

My closest snowbike riding friend show-checked both a new ST Mountain Horse and UFO kit. He is 67 and is looking for any advantage to help him ride a few more years.
His KX has the UFO on it now so we will see how it compares once the snow arrives. Sitting side by side the UFO is a couple of inches lower.

summitboy

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
My guess is the UFO is going to need a special shock in the rear to get it to work perfectly. Something with a stiffer spring and some big valving. That and a couple different track lengths. Will be interesting to see it in deep pow pow as well. I hope it does well !

C
Oct 15, 2013
The UFO looked awesome at the Edmonton show !! Very nice work you guys have done there. I believe you will do well. Thanks for stepping up to the plate and making another kit.

This snowbike sport is going to explode !!

S

skidoo28

Aug 25, 2010
TSS UFO Kit

I got a good look at the kit last weekend, looked very good and a quality piece. One thing that struck me was ride height, it looked like the bike sat at least 2 inches shorter than a bike with wheels.
Is ride height adjustable?

It was a custom conversion for that bike. TSS rigged up a ktm 500 PDS bike and retrofitted tabs on the frame to hang the UFO linkage off of. Thats why It was lower than stock ride height. The standard linkage style bikes with the UFO kit will have a ride height of a stock motorcycle or slightly higher depending on on your spring preload.

S

Sledhead6

Nov 27, 2007
http://youtu.be/IZd0y3AVNPI

Link is to GOPRO footage of riding yesterday in Tressle Creek IDAHO

Snow was very fine and had NO base really. still went good tho!!

Justin York has some better footage that we will try to upload soon!

E

eskimojoe77

Nov 30, 2011
It seems to be working awfully hard whenever it gets off the old tracks. I'd really like to read some reviews by guys who have a bunch of seat time aboard a timbersled MH. It's the current measuring stick by which to compare all others. Here's to hoping the next best thing has arrived, we'll all benefit from advancement of technology.

M
Mar 14, 2012
It seems to be working awfully hard whenever it gets off the old tracks. I'd really like to read some reviews by guys who have a bunch of seat time aboard a timbersled MH. It's the current measuring stick by which to compare all others. Here's to hoping the next best thing has arrived, we'll all benefit from advancement of technology.

I thought that too by watching the video, though it is hard to tell the snow conditions in the video. After looking over the design though I feel that ALOT could be accomplished with spring and valve changes in the suspension. This could be what makes the kit shine or trench. Will be interesting to see more though for sure.

Jon Mutiger

Lifetime Membership
Oct 20, 2010
Maple Ridge, BC
Funny, I thought the exact same thing.. It really just seemed to be working harder than I would think it should have to given the incline in the video.

With that said, we'll know for sure soon enough if this kit is worth more than the timbersled kit.. My gut says it's not. I think the masses would be all over it if it works like a timbersled, and was cheaper.

Jon

tomk

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2008
i think it is hard to see the angle of the hill with the gopro, look at the end of the shot to the left, it looks like he is pretty high up, its hard to make any judgements from a short clip, looks like bottomless fluff too. I think it is awesome to see all of the innovation this year!

M
Mar 14, 2012
i think it is hard to see the angle of the hill with the gopro, look at the end of the shot to the left, it looks like he is pretty high up, its hard to make any judgements from a short clip, looks like bottomless fluff too. I think it is awesome to see all of the innovation this year!

Agreed, I was just watching a video of Reagan seig(sp) and was surprised by the hill he was climbing and bike seemed to not be moving.

It really has to do will setup to. I think there is tons of potential but be more expensive the MH is pushing it.

Snowhawk is a history lesson in snow toys!

S

Sledhead6

Nov 27, 2007
I thought that too by watching the video, though it is hard to tell the snow conditions in the video. After looking over the design though I feel that ALOT could be accomplished with spring and valve changes in the suspension. This could be what makes the kit shine or trench. Will be interesting to see more though for sure.

The snow conditions were NOT good for climbing at all!! you can see all the sticks and other brush poking out of the ground...

Keep in mind the bike in this video is completely STOCK. Stock Bike shock.

And im a newb! i have only spent 15 min on the kit! ITS NOT MINE!!

each kit offers a lot of adjustment in the suspension. IT rides like a dirt bike. and it needs to be set up for how YOU ride.

we were testing some things this day and all i did was take it for a spin up the hill

the GOPRO died when the clip stopped!

M
Mar 14, 2012
How did you feel it did on the trail and non deep snow compared to a MH. Did it feel more bike like there. Also do you have any idea of the rear travel. No info on this and no vids really show it working much.

Thanks!

Premium Features