• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

>> WHAT HAPPENED TO SNOWEST on THURSDAY/FRIDAY????

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
What type of RAID are you running?
Raid 5 in a simple 3 disk array with a 4th disk as external backup drive.

Now we will be running Raid 5 in a 3 disk array, with a 4th Hot disk on auto-standby and a 5th internal disk as a daily backup to speed up the restore should we ever have to do a full rebuild again.

Having the external backup disk cost us something like 5 hours to do the data transfer back to the primary array.

Pro-8250

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2008
Northern MN.
$.02

I know very little about computers but a backup generator with a transfer switch and a UPS (uninterruptible power supply) system would do the trick keeping your computers going (uninterrupted) if the power company fails in their duties. :face-icon-small-ton
Spell check needs to know that uninterruptible is spelled correctly. :face-icon-small-hap
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uninterruptible_power_supply

Embrace the BRAAAAAAP!
Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Where the Buffalo roam
guess free life member upgrade is out of the question? Good thing the " anti depressants " were on standby, it took several to tide me over the outage !!!

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I know very little about computers but a backup generator with a transfer switch and a UPS (uninterruptible power supply) system would do the trick keeping your computers going (uninterrupted) if the power company fails in their duties. :face-icon-small-ton
Spell check needs to know that uninterruptible is spelled correctly. :face-icon-small-hap
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uninterruptible_power_supply

Our servers had plenty of back up power.
But when the city went dark we lost the Fiber Optic connection coming into our building from the ISP downtown.

Laundryboy

Lifetime Membership
Oct 31, 2012
I guess I need to get more of a like because I about drove myself crazy checking to see if the forums were back up yet. I think I’m going through withdrawal as the forums have severely slowed with the changing season.<O:p</O:p

Last edited:
Premium Features