• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Sidehilling/ Basic Skills Clinic McCall, Idaho Feb2-4

BackCountryBasics

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho
www.backcountrybasics.com
I am holding a Women's clinic at Bear Creek Lodge Feb 2-4 (depending on bookings & because of short notice, I may be able to switch it to the following week of the 9-11). The earlier dates were requested by those intrested in attending a ride on following dates in Halfway,Oregon to take thier freshly learned skills to the ride. The location of the Bear Creek Lodge is about two hours from Halfway, Oregon for travel planning purposes for those with the intentions to attend both this Mini's Back Country Basic's clinic & the Halfway event.

Husbands are welcome to come & stay at the lodge as well during MBB clinic, however the actual instructional clinic portion on these dates will be Women only. The week of the 16-21 I am taking reservations for couples, groups & privates. Contact the lodge for details.

http://www.bearcreeklodgemccall.com/

This is three full days of formal backcountry skill instruction with professional snowmobiling instructor Amber Holt.

All attendants will learn basic technical skills to utilize off trail, rider safety, along with the aptitude to side-hill proficiently by day three of clinic.

Room & Clinic cost run from $450 (sharing a lodge room)-$750 (private cabin) depending on occupants choice of accommodations. Riders will go away with confidence & knowledge that usually takes an individual an average of two years without formal instruction.

Call Bear Creek Lodge to book, the six available openings need to be filled in order to recieve the weekly discounted rates. Or contact Amber Holt at
http://www.amberholt.com

Last edited:
P

PowderGirl

Nov 26, 2007
McCall, Idaho
www.facebook.com
Oh I love the Bearcreek Lodge!!!! Very nice, comfortable cabins and great hosts in a wonderful atmosphere and perfect location!!! Sounds like a wonderful opportunity for couples! Lots of great boondocking not far at all from the lodge too!

O

Oregongirl

Jul 25, 2002
Highlands Ranch, Colorado
The earlier dates were requested by those intrested in attending a ride on following dates in Halfway,Oregon to take thier freshly learned skills to the ride. The location of the Bear Creek Lodge is about two hours from Halfway, Oregon for travel planning purposes for those with the intentions to attend both this Mini's Back Country Basic's clinic & the Halfway event.

What a great idea!! Any chance that we'll get to see you in Halfway, Mini? They still have that blue cowboy hat and no one wears it quite as well as you. :face-icon-small-hap

BackCountryBasics

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho
www.backcountrybasics.com
I chose to post this under the general thread, mainly because husbands in particulare are the main intrested party in utilizing my 'Womens' clinics for thier wives/so benefit. I found that as a result husbands gifting a clinic to thier wives/so a populare choice. I strongly encourage the husbands to come along on the trip (even though the actual clinic instruction portion is private in this scenario) so as at the end of the day we can discuss what needs to be addressed for wives/so as to improve sled set up & skill confidence as the clinic progresses. This past clinic was a majority of husbands who signed thier wives up. I hope it is ok to repost this on this thread as well.

Earlier this month I kicked off this seasons clinics with a Women's beginner/intermediate clinic with 7 women from all over the NW & Canada.

Most of these gals only came to the clinic with trail level experience and could not start a sled on their own, counter-steer, or had any knowledge on how to get unstuck by themselves when we headed out the first morning.

By the end of this particular two day clinic each individual had an accomplished personal skill level of being able to counter-steer techniques, drive a sled on one ski while maintaining directional control in both the standing & sitting position for prolonged distances, fluid side-hilling, stop & go side-hilling, pivot point techniques, load & unload on a sled deck safely by themselves, advanced throttle control techniques, basic sled maintenance, proper gear knowledge, each one could get themselves unstuck by themselves without tiring or injuring themselves, and much more!

Here are a few pictures. This was only a two day clinic they accomplished this & what a great job everyone did! Three day clinics are where people really hone these skills and pull into one complete rider package along with learning a few more advanced techniques, I wish I could have taken this group another day! These clinics teach to any level of rider, but I find even as an experienced rider sometimes that little extra 'Basic Tip' can be learned if one is placed in the right enviroment to learn, and Bear Creek Lodge provides that incredable platform!

BenClinic1-10038.jpg

BenClinic1-10019.jpg

BenClinic1-10013.jpg

BenClinic1-10033.jpg

BenClinic1-10045.jpg

BenClinic1-10040.jpg

BenClinic1-10060.jpg

BenClinic1-10070.jpg

BenClinic1-10002.jpg

Premium Features