• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

3" track install

I am wondering if anyone has installed a 3 inch track on a 2012 hcr 1100.if so,we're 7 tooth drivers needed to clear the heat exchanger? What other issues were encountered? I have heard this is a night and day difference with the sled.Any imput?

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
Get some 7t drivers and that is all you need other than suspension to keep your front end down......and some good grips.

F
Dec 30, 2011
3 inch track

hey there, just installed my 3 inch track, used the 7 inch drivers from Jim at Evo, install was easy, pressing drivers was slick also, just a word of caution, make sure of your driver measurements, and indexing them, and you will cruise through the install. Couldn't verify as of yet, rumor has it that the 7in driver makes for a perfect gearing ratio. We will see this weekend, cheers

F
Dec 30, 2011
7 tooth cost

I paid 280.00 for a pr of drivers from Jim at evo, my local Canadian arctic cat shop couldn't supply. As for gearing down, I would suspect a set of gears in the case would be most cost effective and beneficial time wise, as of yet, don't know of aftermarket gear set available that retains reverse?? Maybe someone else may have input on that. Cash on hand will buy you a trick belt drive system from C3 Powersports that gives you the ability to pick a ratio for your riding style, and lose maybe 15lbs.

JustBoostIt

Lifetime Membership
I paid 280.00 for a pr of drivers from Jim at evo, my local Canadian arctic cat shop couldn't supply. As for gearing down, I would suspect a set of gears in the case would be most cost effective and beneficial time wise, as of yet, don't know of aftermarket gear set available that retains reverse?? Maybe someone else may have input on that. Cash on hand will buy you a trick belt drive system from C3 Powersports that gives you the ability to pick a ratio for your riding style, and lose maybe 15lbs.

Not sure where you are located but I stock 7t drivers. Been thu 15 sets since the start of Nov. If you are doing the track it should be done and you get your gearing with that. To do it as an option to lower gearing when you still have a stock track, I guess you could, because you are correct there are no gear options for guys in the chain case.....but that is being worked on.

T

toony

Dec 17, 2007
Killam, Alberta
3" track

Grind off your fins on the front cooler and use the stock drivers. Lots of room and the stock drivers are just as good as the aftermarkets. I had 1650 miles on mine before I sold it and never slipped once. I also had the 275 hp Big shute turbo.

JustBoostIt

Lifetime Membership
Talked to the guy yesterday that bought your sled Bret. Going back to the dark side I hear.

Stock drivers work for sure, but long term a cnc'd solid driver is better than a injection mold one. Same reason why most Yami guys did Avid's rather than the less expensive Wahl drivers. Injection ones start showing wear marks on teeth with higher hp sooner than stockish hp. Nothing wrong with grinding off the fins either for clearance but in low/no snow conditions on some of the long trails we ride cooling is an issue with all the cooling we can get. If you ride with good snow most of the time it wouldn't be an issue I'm sure.

T

toony

Dec 17, 2007
Killam, Alberta
Hey Gene. Not going to the dark side totally. Still have the 800. Waiting for the evo 2 stroke turbo to come out. I honestly got better life out of the stock drivers than I did out of my avids on my yamis. The cooling I've never had an issue. I ran 2 nytros with no rad and no front cooler. Just a full length tunnel cooler with no issues either. I told him to talk to you for any help he needs on the sled. I said WKM was great to deal with and had the most knowledge I know of for the 1100 turbo.

JustBoostIt

Lifetime Membership
Appreciate that. He's getting to know her lol.

Interesting, 4 years at 320 and my Avid's looked brand new. Never left stockers in so don't know how they did. The Wahl would start to look smushed after a while.

I was really looking forward to the turbo kit too but with how much demand there has been for tcl's and the time spent with educating about belt issues etc we had to focus on that this winter. Don't give up the dream thou....

Premium Features