• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ride report - M1100T with EVO goodies

0neoldfart

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Thorsby, Alberta
Well, finally have some miles on my M1100T with the following tweaks:
- EVO BC Turbo w/V-map & anti-lag
- EVO header blanket, rollover valve, cold air intake & intercooler fan
- EVO TCL Delete / motor mounts
- EVO clutch kit with Team Tied & Rooster weights
- C3 Syncrodrive belt drive and carbon fuel tank
- Kmod turnkey skid, EXIT front shocks, Boss seat
- Belanger belt guard and rotor cover
- A/C vented hood and side panels
- a few other goodies that I've forgotten to list.
This sled rocks - spent three days riding in McBride and Blue River in snow with no base, and should have been planted in a few spots without question. The quick spool up of the turbo got me out of a few binds when tree riding, and still on the factory belt @ 834 miles, various riding conditions and loads. Personally, I would do it again, as the sled is truly fun to ride. For the record, one of my riding buddies runs a very well setup M1000 by Brent Linderman, and I spent most of the weekend digging him out after he attempted to follow the EVO "tweaked" M1100T...

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
Good write up Karl! Now quit making these guys jealous. I think the legal limit for miles is 1000 per year, so you better pace yourself!

0neoldfart

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Thorsby, Alberta
Belt life

how many miles on the belt with EVO goodies?
The sled was setup from new with a BC250 kit, OSP mounts and jackshaft snubber. Clutches were done, alignment and parallelism checked and adjusted before I ever rode it. So the answer to your question: I ran 250hp on the belt for approx. 550 miles, and the balance of the mileage has been with a 280hp kit. This post isn't about spending dough - I and others on this forum have stated clutch alignment, parallelism, and the soft engine mounts need to be addressed, especially when adding power - the factory stuff just didn't cut it. Thankfully there are options available to make this sled all it can be. Did it NEED everything listed? No, but I enjoy the fact that I don't have to worry when I'm in the middle of nowhere if the machine will hold up. I usually keep a machine for 5 years, so I spend the difference to trade up to improve a machine. That's my choice. If you want to buy new every year or two, that's your choice.
I should make mention that thanks are due to Gene (JustBoostIt), Jim @ EVO, Kevin @ C3, Eric @ Racin Station, and Kevin @ KMOD. These folks have been very helpful in helping with the setup of this sled.

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
So you spend $25,000 on a sled and it works good. It better.

I think it can be noted that the old fart was happy with his sled last year before the belt drive and other upgrades that he did this year. The upgrades are something that will allow the machine to handle the horsepower reliably for many years to come.

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
I should make mention that thanks are due to Gene (JustBoostIt), Jim @ EVO, Kevin @ C3, Eric @ Racin Station, and Kevin @ KMOD. These folks have been very helpful in helping with the setup of this sled.

I would AGREE 100%- We can buy all the the goodies to make it a better built.. but the support we get AFTER the sale from these representatives is second to none.....
Their dedication is a direct reflection of why they are #1 with these sleds .

S/C

J
Feb 27, 2011
The sled was setup from new with a BC250 kit, OSP mounts and jackshaft snubber. Clutches were done, alignment and parallelism checked and adjusted before I ever rode it. So the answer to your question: I ran 250hp on the belt for approx. 550 miles, and the balance of the mileage has been with a 280hp kit. This post isn't about spending dough - I and others on this forum have stated clutch alignment, parallelism, and the soft engine mounts need to be addressed, especially when adding power - the factory stuff just didn't cut it. Thankfully there are options available to make this sled all it can be. Did it NEED everything listed? No, but I enjoy the fact that I don't have to worry when I'm in the middle of nowhere if the machine will hold up. I usually keep a machine for 5 years, so I spend the difference to trade up to improve a machine. That's my choice. If you want to buy new every year or two, that's your choice.

That's good news. I have my 14 XF all set up with the EVO stuff and now working on getting perfect alignment. Do you happen to know how your parallels measured out and what you/they did to adjust if needed. I've got the OSP alignment tool coming this week and mine is very close to having to use the offset mount but I want a super accurate tool to measure first. I think it will run good as is, but I'd like it perfect.

C
Feb 22, 2008
Will have my Stage 3 TCL Delete wrapped up this evening, I have to say....very well thought out kit. I was a little nervous tackling this but instructions very thorough and precise. Anyone with mechanical skills will nail it!:face-icon-small-coo

JustBoostIt

Lifetime Membership
Tick tick tick....:face-icon-small-ton

Not sure what this is in reference to. The sled? the belt? If it is the TCL delete we have four 275-310hp sleds with ride time on them well past their "normal" belt life expectancy. Consistently colder temps also. COLDPUSS said his clutches are hand warmers now. Both horizontal and vertical parallelism were out on all the ones we've done so far.

U

Unklsnomobile

Nov 30, 2007
This is in reference to the belt. I think the tcl delete will be the answer, but I also thought that after every other "fix". I could get 500-700 miles, but not 800. Guess I'm still a little pessimistic.

JustBoostIt

Lifetime Membership
Half my guys wouldn't even call me if they got 700 miles on a belt haha. When we knew 2 years ago that there was 7-10 known problems in the drivetrain no one part was going to be the answer. I did sell a good number of aftermarket parts with varied success. If you don't try something you'll never know, its just to bad we choose to do it for the customer and not Cat.

0neoldfart

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Thorsby, Alberta
I should add...

I had a chance to try the stutter button (anti-lag feature) as well. I had tucked the skis under a rock in a creek (poor visibility). I had less then two feet before having to point the sled up a 12' wall in a good 5' of powder snow. The sled shot out of that hole leaving a trench to China, and I was fairly impressed I was able to hang on, as it pulls incredibly hard, with no hesitation. Without the coupling of the Kmod skid I'm certain it would have come over backwards (I run a 3" track) and pounded me into the snow.
Alas, my starter solenoid failed on the last day which resulted in starting the sled across the solenoid with pliers, so the subsequent ride to Golden had me riding the 2013 M800 S/P - needless to say the 800 is a boring ride by comparison - my wife's 660 Pro was the highlight from the past few days - there is a small write up in the Poo section.

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
For me 700 miles on a belt would be AWESOME. I usually change the belt out after about 3 or 400 either way. We do 50-75 miles rides. That is an all day affair, so that translates to 8 rides at 400 miles. If you are running under lower loads 700 miles is still great.

Premium Features