• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

wideband calibration

B

BOOSTIN-BAYOU

Mar 26, 2011
layton UT
i have an AEM wideband do they need to be calibrated and right now it runs at 11.5 to 12.5 at 45mph when i when i go to WOT it peaks to 17 and then blinks three bars any ideas

M
Jan 14, 2004
The NGK/NTK wideband used to need to be calibrated but I've never needed to do an AEM. Is your sled lean popping because it sounds as if it's going off the chart. Thats what the --- means. Your O2 sensor may be on the way out but they usually just crap out. Any other symptoms?

M5

B

BOOSTIN-BAYOU

Mar 26, 2011
layton UT
last week while test at home it would pop and i replaced a check valve that wasn't working and the problem went away didn't notice the wideband at that time but there was no popping yesterday would shut it down when i noticed what the w/b was reading i have a powderlites turbo with a head shim and rb3 running 91 oct at 10/12 lbs

M
Jan 14, 2004
The Nytro is harder to tell when its lean that the Apex but I'd be inclined to believe at this point that maybe the guage is right and there was something else going on. All seemed normal?

M5

roughrider99

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
Fernie,BC
does the gauge read -- when holding wide open throttle? i put an aem gauge in my rally car this fall and it would read -- out of limits all the time when i chopped the throttle cause it it would read super lean and super rich for very short duration (like less than quarter of second), i found it was just normal operation of the gauge.

Maybe switch the sensor to see that makes a difference?

P

pylon

Jan 16, 2009
in the triple slide
Yeah just because it goes to 17 doesnt mean its lean , some times its so rich it reads lean . I use my af gauge to check wide open throttle , idle and cruise af ratios . found it useless when im in and out of the gas .

Premium Features