• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Solution for ECM code 6???

Ricks 32

Premium Member
Aug 26, 2008
Idaho
I posted this in Turbo section as well. Need some help guys.....

Sled is a 2010 M8 with OVS Tial kit. Running 10lbs, 112 Sunoco fuel and Amsoil. Riding at 9k feet. Has an RK Tech torque head on it.

Today I made 3 longer climbs back to back and when I came to the top of the hill after my 3 climb my guage showed ECM 6. So I shut sled off. Waited just a second and started it again, guage cleared and but little wrench was still on. So I shut sled off again. I normally let the sled idle for a 10 to 15 seconds before I shut it off but I didn't this time. I was surprised at the code 6 and I forgot to let the sled idle a bit.

I waited about 10 minutes and watched my friends play around, then went back to start up my sled. It wouldn't fire at all. I do have that little switch (I call it a choke, not sure what correct name is) and I flipped it and pulled rope 3 times and still nothing. Waited another 10 minutes and still nothing. Friends and I waited over 45 minutes and checked for spark, had great spark, pulled plugs and gave the rope a pull and fuel came out of plug holes. Put new plugs in and pulled the rope and still nothing.

We were in a nasty location and I had to leave the sled in the hills. There is no way to pull this sled out. I need a solution to this so I can go back tomorrow and get this sled out.

Sled has never had an issue with starting. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks guys,

Last edited:
Premium Features