• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

PC-5's IN STOCK & READY to SHIP

Kraven

Lifetime Membership
Apr 11, 2009
MIDWEST
DYNOTECH Jim's post on H.C.S. Friday:

Still waiting for cold weather for further leanout, but right now we're using our 50 degree F 2010 D8 maps for stock, SLP, DynoPort, BMP exhaust which will be preloaded into the PCV before shipping.

old PCIII maps will not download directly into PCVs---there is an extra step in throttle position which can be manually interpolated, and I've done that for the excellent PCIII D7 maps we used last year and am doing that right now with the maps we created with Casey's 2010 spec sled. Updates and new maps will be posted on my website, easy download.

PCVs are $369 w/ free shipping in November, premapped
Autotuner kit for fine tuning and self mapping $250 additional includes Bosch wide band O2 sensor, weld on bung, and threaded plug so you can remove the O2 sensor after tuning is done (a few hours).

Polaris dealers please call for information.

For orders/ questions/ tech support: 585-993-2777

The idea is to allow the autotune to tweak your PCV map to the desired A/F ratio for each RPM and throttle position, then remove it and plug the O2 sensor bung and you're set. It is feasible to leave the autotune on permanently and let it do miniscule adjustments on the fly, but that's surely not necessary once you have achieved the desired map.

Guys who are running basic setups, ie stock engines with various pipes etc wont need autotune because we'll create very good maps from the dyno and you can download those maps and be all set. We'll be doing only PCV maps this season, but PCIII owners can easily adapt V maps by typing them into their PCIIIs, in two minutes.

But if I was running a Dragon at higher altitudes I would opt for an autotune. We had lots of high altitude D8 PCIII users with our DTR flatland tuned maps, and were happy. But perhaps the autotune would make it even better, optimizing A/F ratio regardless of how the factory ECU compensates for altitude.

Tuesday

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Lacombe, Alberta
DYNOTECH Jim's post on H.C.S. Friday:

Still waiting for cold weather for further leanout, but right now we're using our 50 degree F 2010 D8 maps for stock, SLP, DynoPort, BMP exhaust which will be preloaded into the PCV before shipping.

old PCIII maps will not download directly into PCVs---there is an extra step in throttle position which can be manually interpolated, and I've done that for the excellent PCIII D7 maps we used last year and am doing that right now with the maps we created with Casey's 2010 spec sled. Updates and new maps will be posted on my website, easy download.

PCVs are $369 w/ free shipping in November, premapped
Autotuner kit for fine tuning and self mapping $250 additional includes Bosch wide band O2 sensor, weld on bung, and threaded plug so you can remove the O2 sensor after tuning is done (a few hours).

Polaris dealers please call for information.

For orders/ questions/ tech support: 585-993-2777

The idea is to allow the autotune to tweak your PCV map to the desired A/F ratio for each RPM and throttle position, then remove it and plug the O2 sensor bung and you're set. It is feasible to leave the autotune on permanently and let it do miniscule adjustments on the fly, but that's surely not necessary once you have achieved the desired map.

Guys who are running basic setups, ie stock engines with various pipes etc wont need autotune because we'll create very good maps from the dyno and you can download those maps and be all set. We'll be doing only PCV maps this season, but PCIII owners can easily adapt V maps by typing them into their PCIIIs, in two minutes.

But if I was running a Dragon at higher altitudes I would opt for an autotune. We had lots of high altitude D8 PCIII users with our DTR flatland tuned maps, and were happy. But perhaps the autotune would make it even better, optimizing A/F ratio regardless of how the factory ECU compensates for altitude.

Mountain riders cover a large variation of temp, alt, snow conditions, I wonder if leaving the auto tune on would help maximize maps over these conditions. If one was to ride that same area with similar conditions I could see unplugging it. 250$ for a custom map seems a bit steep unless a few peeps where going to group buy it, each take a turn in making a custom map?

Good to hear someone is getting this incorporated into the sleds. Any news of T-nytros application?

Kraven

Lifetime Membership
Apr 11, 2009
MIDWEST
Mountain riders cover a large variation of temp, alt, snow conditions, I wonder if leaving the auto tune on would help maximize maps over these conditions. If one was to ride that same area with similar conditions I could see unplugging it. 250$ for a custom map seems a bit steep unless a few peeps where going to group buy it, each take a turn in making a custom map?

Good to hear someone is getting this incorporated into the sleds. Any news of T-nytros application?

it's $250 for the AUTOTUNE product built by Dynojet (Las Vegas) sold by Dynotech (New York) The Autotune includes the control box, O-2 sensor, weld bung , etc.

Nobody's selling/charging for maps here.

X

XC700116

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Oct 2, 2007
Milliken, CO
Has anyone applied the PC's to a turbo application? I'm assuming they have since they offer an analog input for a boost reference. Also is that function available on the CFI versions of the PCV?

Tuesday

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Lacombe, Alberta
it's $250 for the AUTOTUNE product built by Dynojet (Las Vegas) sold by Dynotech (New York) The Autotune includes the control box, O-2 sensor, weld bung , etc.

Nobody's selling/charging for maps here.

The autotune builds the map based on set A/F readings. So it ends up being 250$ for auto tune to build the perfect map. I am familar with the autotune add on and its components but once it builds you a map it becomes of minimal advantage esp if the 02 sensor starts to crap out and it adds more fuel and wrecks the map.

Its a great idea maybe just overpriced?

J
Dec 2, 2002
Monticello, MN
The autotune builds the map based on set A/F readings. So it ends up being 250$ for auto tune to build the perfect map. I am familar with the autotune add on and its components but once it builds you a map it becomes of minimal advantage esp if the 02 sensor starts to crap out and it adds more fuel and wrecks the map.

Is this why they say to remove the O2 sensor and put the plug in after it autotunes? Just curious.

Kraven

Lifetime Membership
Apr 11, 2009
MIDWEST

Overpriced, a POLARIS 3211115 belt for $160+ is overpriced, I.M.O.

The Autotune can be kept ON all the time for constant fine tuning, especially advantageous to mountain riders who ride at various altitudes/conditions within the same day so that the system is constantly learning and fine tuning.

Failure of the O-2 sensor does NOT wreck the map, the system reverts back to the previous failsafe map that you have stored in the system's memory.

It took only (3) pulls on the dyno for the Dynojet Autotune system to trim fuel and get the fuel curve close to "spot on", so even with an O-2 sensor failure out on the trail you can carry a spare O-2 sensor, replace it and be "spot on" again in less time than it takes to change a belt!

These O-2 sensors should have no problem lasting the entire season, and @ $70.00 each, consider it a maintenance item and replace it once a season.

Last edited:

Kraven

Lifetime Membership
Apr 11, 2009
MIDWEST
Is this why they say to remove the O2 sensor and put the plug in after it autotunes? Just curious.

Correct, for those that are nervous about the O-2 going bad, they're saying that after only 3 dyno pulls the Autotune/Dynojet system has the engine pretty much "spot-on":)

They go on to say that it is feasible to leave the Autotune on all the time, although the benefits may be slight.;)

Let's not forget that the FST/WEBER (yeah 4-stroke, I know) has a fully closed loop system that's ON all the time!:eek:

It's not a right or wrong thing here, just personal preference on a cost/value/comfort level, that's all.:cool:

The way I see it, Autotune is the future and it's here today. Anybody running the Autotune (whether on all the time or just for a little of the time) will be far ahead of the competition.:face-icon-small-hap

Last edited:

Tuesday

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Lacombe, Alberta
Have they come up with a LCD monitor/logging system for the pcV yet, website says it is under development? I heard it was in the works but nothing confirmed yet.

I had received an email from chris kelly and he also mentioned that if you want to monitor the a/f you would need to unhook the auto tune and hook up the wb2 (wideband 02 sensor).

So:
350-pc5
250-autotune
480?-LCD with wb2

-What else is needed?

So approx 980$ for all the goodies. Any word on a discount price on a complete package?

What does it involve in hooking up?

Lastly does pc5 adjust fuel both on and off boost? And can it also adjust timing?

This looks to be a promising unit but have all the bugs been worked out? This could be a good option over the RB3, and you would have your own map maker/adjustability?

Lots of questions not alot of info available yet. For peeps with other complete or partial fuel set ups I imagine this is too much $$ to try. With the mcx-nytros this could be a decent investment esp. since the kit only comes with a boost gauge.

Tues

Last edited:

Kraven

Lifetime Membership
Apr 11, 2009
MIDWEST
Have they come up with a LCD monitor/logging system for the pcV yet, website says it is under development? I heard it was in the works but nothing confirmed yet.

I had received an email from chris kelly and he also mentioned that if you want to monitor the a/f you would need to unhook the auto tune and hook up the wb2 (wideband 02 sensor).

So:
350-pc5
250-autotune
480?-LCD with wb2

-What else is needed?

So approx 980$ for all the goodies. Any word on a discount price on a complete package?

What does it involve in hooking up?

Lastly does pc5 adjust fuel both on and off boost? And can it also adjust timing?

This looks to be a promising unit but have all the bugs been worked out? This could be a good option over the RB3, and you would have your own map maker/adjustability?

Lots of questions not alot of info available yet. For peeps with other complete or partial fuel set ups I imagine this is too much $$ to try. With the mcx-nytros this could be a decent investment esp. since the kit only comes with a boost gauge.

Tues

All good and valid questions, my intent is to sell my PC III to my bud and purchase only 2 items namely the PC -5 ($ 365.00) and the Autotune ($250.00 and this includes the BOSCH 0-2 Sensor and weld bung and plug) The screen would be nice to impress the natives but not neccesary to get the job done. So I'm looking at $615.00 GRAND TOTAL, and I'll weld the O-2 sensor bung into the pipe myself.

As far as hooking up, the PC III plugged into the factory wiring harness and the box mounted to the side of the air box or top of the clutch cover w/velcro, 10 minute installation.

My only reservation is being the guinea pig here, but here's something to consider. The Autotune has been out for a while now for ATV's and Harley's, just not for sleds. If the AUTOTUNE fails, I can return it for warranty repair/replacement and run the sled on the PC-5 alone which is comparable to the PC III that I'm currently running.

Regarding adjustable timing, Autotune offers that feature for the bikes, but NOT for the sleds.

I don't know if the PC-5 is boost sensitive or not, I'm currently w/o turbo, perhaps next year???

For the cost effective approach, one can purchase the PC-5 now and run one of DYNOTECH Jim's maps ($365.00 shipped with maps PRE-LOADED) and you can always add the AUTOTUNE at a later date, should you decide to go that route, although not required.

Hope this helps

Last edited:
Premium Features