For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium
Powder Room This is the SnoWest LADIES forum.

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2016, 07:34 PM
Currently: Not set.
attak06 has a reputation beyond reputeattak06 has a reputation beyond reputeattak06 has a reputation beyond reputeattak06 has a reputation beyond reputeattak06 has a reputation beyond reputeattak06 has a reputation beyond reputeattak06 has a reputation beyond reputeattak06 has a reputation beyond reputeattak06 has a reputation beyond reputeattak06 has a reputation beyond reputeattak06 has a reputation beyond repute
Default modular helmets

I'm looking for input on modular helmets for my wife. She now uses a moto cross and goggles set up. She can't wear contacts any longer and is thinking about going to a modular helmet and go back to wearing glasses. What are you ladies using, what works what doesn't?
Thanks

Last edited by attak06; 12-17-2016 at 07:36 PM. Reason: spelling

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 12-18-2016, 10:46 PM
Wowmom has a reputation beyond reputeWowmom has a reputation beyond reputeWowmom has a reputation beyond reputeWowmom has a reputation beyond reputeWowmom has a reputation beyond reputeWowmom has a reputation beyond reputeWowmom has a reputation beyond reputeWowmom has a reputation beyond reputeWowmom has a reputation beyond reputeWowmom has a reputation beyond reputeWowmom has a reputation beyond repute

My husband wore a Gmax modular helmet, he had great luck with it. Minimal fogging, warm.
Before I had Lasix surgery I used Cat Crap (yup, that's the name) on my glasses for fogging. Only thing I could find that worked.

That's my 2 cents worth!

Old 02-06-2017, 03:18 PM
Currently: Building Sleds
SixtySevenGT has a reputation beyond reputeSixtySevenGT has a reputation beyond reputeSixtySevenGT has a reputation beyond reputeSixtySevenGT has a reputation beyond reputeSixtySevenGT has a reputation beyond reputeSixtySevenGT has a reputation beyond reputeSixtySevenGT has a reputation beyond reputeSixtySevenGT has a reputation beyond reputeSixtySevenGT has a reputation beyond reputeSixtySevenGT has a reputation beyond reputeSixtySevenGT has a reputation beyond repute
Default Bombardier Modular helmet

Bombardier Modular helmet ( SkiDoo).

Still have one for extreme cold weather and racing.

Really cool the entire front Lifts Up.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Skidoo-BRP-M...RYZ~fF&vxp=mtr

Old 01-18-2018, 05:47 PM
Currently: ACTIVELY defend your right to ride.
Polaris & Montana Moderator
Thanked 7,978 Times in 4,613 Posts
Scott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

He's ALIVE!!!!

Ambassador for:
FB & IG: Scott Stiegler

Honestly, Honey!!! The shop paid for these mods. They sponsor me now. Really!

Check out these cool products:

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 01-22-2018, 01:19 PM
Flower Power is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile

I have gone from goggles to modular to electric shield modular and now back to goggles.

I wear glasses and am kind of a snob by wanting perfect vision when riding. It ain't happening though...perfect vision!

I like my HJC IS Max helmet because I can wear glasses and I love the extra drop down sunglasses in that helmet. I also like when mountain riding, I can lift the face bar to get some air when I am gassed from hiking to a stuck friend or digging myself out. The drawback is in very cold conditions (like Revy this Dec/Jan) the shield was icing up and I couldn't see a thing. I even used the new 509 regular goggle style Delta R-3 helmet that has an electric visor. The wiring for this helmet is super easy, but the 3 links come apart (unplug) easily and I would start to ice up. And, the end of one cable broke rending the visor as useless. The good thing about the Delta 3 is I just flipped the visor up and put goggles on.

While at Nadine Overwater's ladies riding clinic in Revy (La Nina Snow Camp) I saw a lot of awesome female riders using goggles and they didn't have any issues! So, I bought newer/bigger goggles that fill the helmet area and will go without glasses. I won't see as well as I do with glasses, but I will be able to see vs. fogging/freezing up. But, I will always have the option to use the visor and wear my glasses with this 509 helmet.

In CA, we don't usually get that cold of riding weather. So, the HJC IS Max is a favorite of mine. I can crack the shield and get rid of most fogging. I will be using this 509 Delta with goggles the next few rides to see how I fair.

Old 01-22-2018, 01:53 PM
Flower Power is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Modular Helmet Info.

I have gone from goggles to modular to electric shield modular and now back to goggles.

I wear glasses and am kind of a snob by wanting perfect vision when riding. It ain't happening though...perfect vision!

I like my HJC IS Max helmet because I can wear glasses and I love the extra drop down sunglasses in that helmet. I also like when mountain riding, I can lift the face bar to get some air when I am gassed from hiking to a stuck friend or digging myself out. The drawback is in very cold conditions (like Revy this Dec/Jan) the shield was icing up and I couldn't see a thing. I even used the new 509 regular goggle style Delta R-3 helmet that has an electric visor. The wiring for this helmet is super easy, but the 3 links come apart (unplug) easily and I would start to ice up. And, the end of one cable broke rending the visor as useless. The good thing about the Delta 3 is I just flipped the visor up and put goggles on.

While at Nadine Overwater's ladies riding clinic in Revy (La Nina Snow Camp) I saw a lot of awesome female riders using goggles and they didn't have any issues! So, I bought newer/bigger goggles that fill the helmet area and will go without glasses. I won't see as well as I do with glasses, but I will be able to see vs. fogging/freezing up. But, I will always have the option to use the visor and wear my glasses with this 509 helmet.

In CA, we don't usually get that cold of riding weather. So, the HJC IS Max is a favorite of mine. I can crack the shield and get rid of most fogging. I will be using this 509 Delta with goggles the next few rides to see how I fair.

We need more snow!

Last edited by Flower Power; 01-22-2018 at 01:55 PM.

Old 01-22-2018, 02:08 PM
Currently: ACTIVELY defend your right to ride.
Polaris & Montana Moderator
Thanked 7,978 Times in 4,613 Posts
Scott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by attak06 View Post
I'm looking for input on modular helmets for my wife. She now uses a moto cross and goggles set up. She can't wear contacts any longer and is thinking about going to a modular helmet and go back to wearing glasses. What are you ladies using, what works what doesn't?
Thanks
They do make googles that fit over glasses.
That might help you from having to buy a whole new helmet.
I do believe they also make prescription goggles.

Honestly I've heard a lot of people say that had issues with the modular helmets having too much condensation in the breath box, which creates complications.

Ambassador for:
FB & IG: Scott Stiegler

Honestly, Honey!!! The shop paid for these mods. They sponsor me now. Really!

Check out these cool products:

The Following User Says Thank You to Scott For This Useful Post:
Missy (01-22-2018)
Old 01-22-2018, 10:07 PM
Currently: Who's idea was this?
sledhead_79 has a reputation beyond reputesledhead_79 has a reputation beyond reputesledhead_79 has a reputation beyond reputesledhead_79 has a reputation beyond reputesledhead_79 has a reputation beyond reputesledhead_79 has a reputation beyond reputesledhead_79 has a reputation beyond reputesledhead_79 has a reputation beyond reputesledhead_79 has a reputation beyond reputesledhead_79 has a reputation beyond reputesledhead_79 has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott View Post
They do make googles that fit over glasses.
That might help you from having to buy a whole new helmet.
I do believe they also make prescription goggles.

Honestly I've heard a lot of people say that had issues with the modular helmets having too much condensation in the breath box, which creates complications.
Correct on prescription googles, my father has a pair.

Old 02-08-2018, 10:27 AM
Basic Member
MD800 has a reputation beyond reputeMD800 has a reputation beyond reputeMD800 has a reputation beyond reputeMD800 has a reputation beyond reputeMD800 has a reputation beyond reputeMD800 has a reputation beyond reputeMD800 has a reputation beyond reputeMD800 has a reputation beyond reputeMD800 has a reputation beyond reputeMD800 has a reputation beyond reputeMD800 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Modular helmets

I wear glasses. Have had several different helmets. Wearing glasses and then the extra layer of goggles they always fogged. I now have a CKX Modular. I like that the whole front lifts. I took out the lower breath box and condensation problem is gone. It has heated shield as well. You can lift, eat, drink, talk etc much more convenient.

Old 04-18-2018, 10:55 AM
Currently: Let it snow !!!
donbrown has a reputation beyond reputedonbrown has a reputation beyond reputedonbrown has a reputation beyond reputedonbrown has a reputation beyond reputedonbrown has a reputation beyond reputedonbrown has a reputation beyond reputedonbrown has a reputation beyond reputedonbrown has a reputation beyond reputedonbrown has a reputation beyond reputedonbrown has a reputation beyond reputedonbrown has a reputation beyond repute