• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

changing track

S
Dec 6, 2007
And get yourself a set of eaton clip pliers. You can remove the clips with some snap ring pliers but it sucks. The eaton clip pliers are worth the investment to save you some time and struggles.

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
You are supposedly able to pull the cover to the side with the oil tank hooked up. I personally have not done that(i did oil change at the same time instead). If it isn't time for a oil change at all you can always drain the res and just refill the res when done and check oil level to spec. I need to pull my chaincase apart and check my chain tension so i will have to see how it is done with the oil tank in place.

S
Dec 6, 2007
All you do is unhook one breather hose on the top and remove the exhaust can. There is enough room with the side panel off to swignt the oil tank in to the space left by the exhause removal. I have done this several times and it works great.

06m7

Lifetime Membership
Feb 5, 2008
How long does it take I need to change mine but I'm a little lazy these days

06m7

Lifetime Membership
Feb 5, 2008
Just did a m series last night how does it compare can do those in about an hour. I'm just new to the new chassis

S
Dec 6, 2007
It took me longer than I would have thought. I will not post the exact time as I am sure I will get harassed. LOL. Have a shop manual handy or take some pictures of the chain case so you know how to put it back together. There are a few little thrust washers that need to go back in the same places when you reassemble everything.

06m7

Lifetime Membership
Feb 5, 2008
I just finished changing track and oil it was a lot more work then the old diamond drive but not to bad

Premium Features