• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Summer sucks!! Winter is comin!!

S
Nov 30, 2007
seeley lake, mt
i saw some hope today in the mountains....just a slight skiff of snow in the swans....ohhh boyyy its gonna be a good year.. doesn't summer just blow??

how many guys are gearing up getting their sleds ready?? it's almost flipping september!! oh how the summer flies when the woods aren't burning up and temps are in the 100s!!

LET IT SNOW!!

Blu Du

Premium Member
Feb 19, 2008
Nisswa Mn.
is that normal or is it early for ya. in mn are cold weather is early here all or under brush and vegitation is wilting like normal for mid sept.

M

mtncat800

Nov 26, 2007
Central Iowa
Our weather people suck here also but someone wrote in to the local station and asked about all of the geese flying south. They said the wildlife and nature a great barometers as to what is going on, they said it looked like we were running about a month ahead of schedule. Another station said that we are in a five year cycle and it was shaping up for a heavy snow year again. Farmers almanac disagrees though but they were 180 degrees off for this summer.

W
Nov 2, 2001
Boise, Id
My guess is that were 5 years into a 30 year cooling cycle. The last one went from the 40's until the 70's. Farmers says cold but dry in the North West. But, I'm not buying it. Farmers also said last spring would be dry, but it wasn't. Looking for snow. :)

S
Nov 30, 2007
seeley lake, mt
has anyone ever seen the farmers almanac be right??? it seems every summer and winter somebody tells me they read something in the dumb thing that's the exact opposite of what it says...just gotta trust your gut!! it's probably more accurate

Premium Features