• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Who Makes The Best Clutch Kits?

What Clutch Kit Do You Run?

• Total voters

Crazydirthead

Premium Member
Jan 20, 2016
I have usually run SLP clutch kits, but I've heard good things about Bikeman, Carls clutching and a couple others. I ride mostly 6-8k mountains with long steep pulls. What do you guys run? Looking for consensus...

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
Best is a very arbitrary term. People enjoy a wide variety of characteristics and value them differently.

Honestly, on a stock axys stock axys the setup is pretty damn good, it just needs to be kept dialed in. Guys who are super hard on things definately wear out bushings etc fairly quickly and you want to keep up on maintenance. The stock calibration is very good for most conditions. Seems like gear reduction may almost be more beneficial then swapping clutching. The belt drive axys is geared fairly high and this causes a lot of time to be spent right in/out of engagement when tree riding so you make a lot of heat.

Sending a primary in to get balanced and setup by Indy specialties is a VERY good use of time and money. Setting everything up at a higher level of quality vs stock means everything will work better and last longer.

neverenoughsnow

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 1999
Omaha, Ne.
indy dan

Indy Specialty. They machined both sheaves in primary and balanced both clutches. I am running there full mountain kit- springs, adjustable weights and custom helix.

motocrazy2006

Lifetime Membership
Oct 31, 2011
Williamsburg, Iowa
I went with an Indy Specialty mountain primary on my 18 for this coming year. Appears to be same spring rate slp is using, guessing from color. But with his weights,

xrs2628

Premium Member
Jan 31, 2011
I just got my clutches back from Indy Specialities and the quality of his stuff is top notch! My primary was machined, balanced and shimmed the spider for the turbo 3 weights, and it looks brand new. I had had Bikeman clutching in the past and this makes their stuff look very poor, especially the weights.

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
Indy specialty gets my vote. My new patriot 850 weights are on the way.

xpspenziv

Premium Member
Feb 19, 2009
hanging out in a tree well at the top.
Definitely send your clutches to Indy for balancing and lightening and have the sheaves faces machined to the correct address. It comes back cleaner than new. Depending on what you are looking for. You can also get into lite wt clutch parts. Helps with throttle response. Zollinger Racing.

cvcustoms

#getsomegetthere
Lifetime Membership
Sep 10, 2018
www.cvcustoms.com
Indy Specialties is my go to for clutching, both stock and turbo applications. They are always helpful when you call. I know people have great luck with the TRS setup also. These are the best two setups in my opinion.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Premium Features