• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Kootenay Pass

D

dinlaroche

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Dec 18, 2007
Calgary
The caribou closures are permanent to my knowledge, no limited season like Revy closures. The access to NCC land is also limited to kokanee country club members and members from another club from west of the pass. Char creek and boundary areas are open to anyone.

firedude2000

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Medicine Hat, Alberta
The caribou closures are permanent to my knowledge, no limited season like Revy closures. The access to NCC land is also limited to kokanee country club members and members from another club from west of the pass. Char creek and boundary areas are open to anyone.

Where exactley is the Char creek and Boundary area?

D

dinlaroche

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Dec 18, 2007
Calgary
South side of the Highway, east of the summit.

You can also ride Blazed and Bayonne (north side of highway on east side of summit) to Arkansas lake, north of Arkansas is NCC.

Bayonne has some fun tree riding before NCC land, Blaze enters NCC land pretty early, I don't think there is very much to ride without entering NCC land.

There's also placer lake area which is sandwiched between Blaze and bayonne on the north side of the highway, starts across the highway from boundary.

firedude2000

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Medicine Hat, Alberta
Bayonne has some fun tree riding before NCC land, Blaze enters NCC land pretty early, I don't think there is very much to ride without entering NCC land.

There's also placer lake area which is sandwiched between Blaze and bayonne on the north side of the highway, starts across the highway from boundary.

What is NCC land?

D

dinlaroche

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Dec 18, 2007
Calgary
What is NCC land?

http://www.natureconservancy.ca

They bought the formerly German owned Darkwoods land and have extended the agreement the local clubs had to ride on their private property.

Surprising to see that they have allowed the snowmobiling to continue, but from what I've heard things have been reasonably positive. Hopefully it continues for years to come because they have a lot of good terrain with very little traffic.

Premium Features