• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Marlon Single Deck Loader for your pick up

M8Chris

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
I’m curious about this as well. I couldn’t find anywhere on their site about price??

I
Nov 19, 2010
I can get one for 700 US here but I have seen them for 1500 in Canada. Curious what one way. Dealer here told me to come by and try in my truck. I am going to check it out this week.

I
Nov 19, 2010
I went and checked it out. It pretty light like 75 lbs but a little awkward. It was dumping rain when I went by so I didn't mess with it much. Easy to set in the back of the truck. Angle looks pretty steep and I do worry about how good it is to ram a 600lb sled into your tailgate. I would just buy a 4' x 8' x 1/4" plastic sheet to toss down in the bed and over the tailgate so it slides and protests the tailgate. I was worried about the rack moving with the rollers on it. Factory said just tie the sled down to the bed like you normally would and it is not going anywhere. KTM 300 exc blew up for $1000 so I might put this on hold and just drag the trailer. It's why I bought a diesel.

My truck is 18 Ram 2500 with the ram boxes. I will have to remove my up sliding tie downs as the 4 rear ones will not allow the ramp to tilt down.

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
After looking at this, I have a question.

When loading, the entire weight of the sled, rider, and deck is on the tailgate alone.

Are tailgates designed to hold 800+ pounds ???

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
I don't understand why the whole ramp/sled needs to pivot....seems complicated and weird to me.

I have a single aluminum sled deck that sits between the wheel wells.... with a standard pull-out ramp (just like a double deck would have)...had it for almost 10 years. Super simple, works great

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
A friend has one virtually identical to this, it doesn't have any markings on it so I don't know who manufactures them, but it's the same concept and it's a commercially sold product. I've used it more than he has to be perfectly honest, when I didn't need my 2 place sled deck or didn't want to pull my 3 place enclosed. I've probably loaded my 900 RMK on it (yes, it's heavy) at least 20 or 30 times and it works great... no issues with the tailgate cables or anything at all with my Ford.

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
Tailgates have been known to break cables at around 700 pounds, so just be aware of that if using one of these. If the cables break, it would totally jack up your tailgate and probably other parts associated with it.

A word to the wise is (usually) sufficient :)

I
Dec 21, 2016
What’s the advantage of using one of these vs. just putting your sled in the bed of your pickup? I’ve had good luck with a snowball or my RevArc ramp.

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
Lots of trucks you will eventually wreck the inside of your tail gate, particularly if you drive rough roads with the sled in. Carbides tear up spray in liners. Quicker and easy to load/unload. It also gives me a little extra height so I can *just* tow a 2 place open trailer with a 163 in the bed the odd time. Plus if you have a Tacoma it gets you above the wheel wells to clear the skis. One of my favourite pieces of sledding equipment for riding close by TBH...you see tons of them here where we live close to lots of riding.

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
There's a number of steel bar tailgate support options out there that pop on the cable attachments to strengthen up the gate in the down position, FWIW. These are solid - and pretty much solve the tailgate support issue.

Full Metal Lotus had a single sled/ATV loader that slid and pivoted off a hitch support with the gate removed, but stopped offering it a few years ago. It was pretty unique, but you had to pop your tailgate off if you didn't run a hitch extender. The simple cantilevers that roll in the bed are out there in steel and aluminum, the one shown in the thread is not unique. Just different takes on similar goals - simplifying ramp storage, eliminating the floating/strapping of ramps, or backing off ramps. All the inbeds work well when you don't need to carry fuel, lots of tools, extraction gear, etc. Great for short trip locals meeting friends at the trailhead. Yeah, you can load off a snowbank, but you either have ranch truck, or will have one soon, if snowbanks are your solution.

I

i'llDooit

Nov 27, 2007
Duvall washington
If your hauling 1 sled, why waste your money on gimmicky bed loading decks. ATV bi-fold aluminum ramp with some bed liner screwed to it for ski guides. Been running this for 20 years with the same 2 hundred dollar ramp.

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
I put a 4’ x 6 ’x 3/4” stall matt on the bed of my truck. I either load right from my enclosed trailer(when going up solo) or RevArc ramp. I pull the matt out to the edge of the tailgate so it doesn’t get dicked up from the carbides and the matt magically slides to the front of the bed loading the sled lol. Works great, $40 at the feed store. Also I like the sled being down behind the cab lower sitting right in the bed, helps to keep the road salt acid death off my sled even with a cover on.

Premium Features