• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Polaris 600 rmk won't start

D
Apr 20, 2018
My 2008 polaris 600 rmk wont start. Bought it at the end of last winter and it was out once the whole entire winter and not from me. It ran fine. I had it fogged and drained the gas out of it. Filled it almost all the way up and tried it today and nothing. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated! Thanks alot!

G-Force

Lifetime Membership
Nov 21, 2002
Kamloops BC
Once in my lifetime of owning dirt bikes and sleds etc, did I fog an engine. Well, I fogged two, the same season. My 06 M7, and the wife's 07 600 RMK.

The M7 fired after about 5 pulls. The RMK fired after about Five Hundred, multiple sets of plugs, MUCH cursing..

For whatever reason, that engine HATED fogging oil. Went back to "store it full, fire them up every few weeks" zero issues, countless machines, later, and always been smooth sailing when it's time to pull them out again for another season of abuse!

Killer Time Racing

Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2008
Lower Michigan
Once in my lifetime of owning dirt bikes and sleds etc, did I fog an engine. Well, I fogged two, the same season. My 06 M7, and the wife's 07 600 RMK.

The M7 fired after about 5 pulls. The RMK fired after about Five Hundred, multiple sets of plugs, MUCH cursing..

For whatever reason, that engine HATED fogging oil. Went back to "store it full, fire them up every few weeks" zero issues, countless machines, later, and always been smooth sailing when it's time to pull them out again for another season of abuse!

My exact Reoccurring story of Fogging oil

AndrewAK75

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2008
Anchorage
My 2008 polaris 600 rmk wont start. Bought it at the end of last winter and it was out once the whole entire winter and not from me. It ran fine. I had it fogged and drained the gas out of it. Filled it almost all the way up and tried it today and nothing. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated! Thanks alot!

Step 1.
Remove the spark plugs and look them over. The electrode and ground strap should be free of debris. If the plugs are not clean, replace / clean with emery cloth or similar.

Verify that you have spark by removing the spark plugs, placing the metal on the plug to ground, and pulling the sled over. While pulling the sled over observe the spark plug gap area for a spark that extends from the electrode to the ground strap.

While the spark plugs are removed from the sled pull the sled over and check out if anything comes out of the cylinder (fuel/fogging oil).

If you have spark and fuel reinstall the plugs, add a couple of drops of gas into to airbox, and pull the sled over.

Report back findings

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
no issues ever with fogging here, just have to pull plugs and squirt a little gas in the cylinders, get the plugs back asap and they fire every time. use throttle if it wants to die, if it does, might have to repeat

Premium Features