• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Shout out to Andy at Gas Shock Repair

AaronBND

Lifetime Membership
Nov 12, 2005
Cascade Mnts, OR.
So I have used Andy Youngstrom from Gas Shock Repair over in Rigby, Id for several years now for revalving stock shocks on several sled. Well, I just picked up a 2017 Axys that the guy had put 36" zbroz a-arms on but had not shortened the front shocks the 1/2" recommended by them when doing so. I went ahead and sent them off, with the rears, over to Andy to have them shortened and all four shocks revalved and the entire bill was $122. I was absolutely shocked! Not only this, but he turned them within one day. Every time I use him I am blown away by his great service and pricing. I have seen so many posts on here from guys paying $300-400 to have there shocks revalved and serviced. I'm telling you, if you need shocks reworked or just serviced, Andy is the guy to use. His website is www.gasshockrepair.com and his cell phone number is 208-716-0475. Had to give him a shout out because he's just a great guy to deal with. Thank you Andy!

kiliki

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Nampa, Idaho
More than happy every time I ever send him stuff it's turned around fast it's affordable great work

kiliki

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Nampa, Idaho
With cat Parts just happy I'm not another sheep at Carl's cuz it takes twice as much money and twice as much time

CATDIESELPOWER

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2009
IDAHO
Andy is the best! I’ve been friends with him since Junior High. He is a very skilled guy with anything mechanical. He’s honest. He’s reliable. An all around great guy.

J

jim

Nov 26, 2007
Boise
It seems it is a lot easier to hear bad news than good in this world. Props to you for posting this positive review and making the effort to spread a good word for a deserving company. Hats off sir.

shortstuff

Premium Member
Nov 30, 2007
Rigby, ID
I second all this. Andy has taking care of every shock need I've ever had. Bikes or sleds. He just revalved my 850 shocks and yesterday was first trip on em. All I gotta say is wow!! The difference is incredible.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

hamlin

Lifetime Membership
Sep 13, 2013
After coming across this thread, I ended up sending him two sets of shocks to revalve. He received them last Friday and had them in the mail on their way back to me Monday. Very impressed with the quick turnaround and he was great to deal with. Now I just need to head west to get some time on them. I will definitely give him work in the future and recommend him as well.

06redrevx

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2008
Andy is awesome. I'll be sending him my 850 shocks for revalve soon!

pinko

Premium Member
Dec 25, 2007
Wembley, AB
I've also used him in the past to shorten and revalve a set of floats. Even with the shipping from Canuckistan and exchange rate it was still tons cheaper than getting it done local. Anyone have experience with his valving on the Walker Evan's? Rode a buddy's non-clicker WEs that were done by Carl's and I was really impressed with them. Want to get my clickers done now

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

Snowmow

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2011
Gillette, Wyoming
I've also used him in the past to shorten and revalve a set of floats. Even with the shipping from Canuckistan and exchange rate it was still tons cheaper than getting it done local. Anyone have experience with his valving on the Walker Evan's? Rode a buddy's non-clicker WEs that were done by Carl's and I was really impressed with them. Want to get my clickers done now

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

Andy re Valved my shocks that Carl’s did. I was heavier than the original sled owner That had Carl’s valving. No complaints at all.

Premium Features