• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Comparing pace to stealth???

N

nate18

Jan 3, 2009
Looking at these two 7.5x29. All highway trailering. Curb weight of the pace is about 900lbs heavier the the stealth/predator. No accessories just shells. Anyone know why the extra weight? Extra aluminum, more reinforcements, thicker wall material? Not concerned about extra weight pullling just want to make sure the extra weight is meaning more durability and it’s worthwhile. Pace is priced higher but not enough to scare me away and cheap out. Any input is greatly appreciated.

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
The pace is heavier.... Because the stealth is complete garbage. They are built very bad, and very cheap. I've seen lots of wiring issues, frame issues, trailers breaking in 1/2.
If you want to find the weight, then e-mail both companies and ask them what size and gauge tubing they use on the frame, walls, roof. What gauge sheet metal the walls are, and what they use for flooring.

hamlin

Lifetime Membership
Sep 13, 2013
I don’t really have an opinion on brand just going to tell my experience. I bought a stealth 7x29 new in 15 and have put ~30,000 miles on it with 5 sleds plus gear, parts.The only issues I’ve had to date are one rear clearance light went dim which was a bad ground on mounting screw and on the rear door, one tube for the hinge the weld has a crack about 3/4”. Happened the first season and hasn’t gotten any bigger. One other thing I guess would be look at thickness of exterior sheeting I think mine is .030”? And I have pretty good flaps on my truck but there are a number of small dings in the front v section. Look at distance between floor juices and wall braces as well I think standard for stealth might have been 24” and mine was upgraded to 16”. Definitely get the 7.5 wide I wish mine was.

Bubba

Lifetime Membership
Sep 19, 2008
turkey ridge sd
I have a 7x29 2011 stealth and haul 4 sleads i dont know how many miles i have on it just put 3rd set of tires on it. i have had no problems with it other than one light and the bars on the back door the welds cracked i rewelded them two years ago still good today. so i dont think there two bad of trailer for what i do. i put a 35000 btu furnace in mine 5 years ago thats a must.

Premium Features