• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

'88 Indy 400

V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
I would just check it over for general condition.

How about taking a compression test on it? Just thinking that this sled may have sat for some time during its life and may have had some rust causing cylinder damage and compression loss.

Before putting the plugs back in, drizzle a little fuel down the holes and see it if will fire on some fumes :face-icon-small-hap

sdsnocop

Premium Member
Feb 3, 2009
Hot Springs, SD
I have an 87 400. They are a fun and reliable little sled. Performs well for a 400 if geared and clutched right. Mine is used as a kids sled, cargo hauler, hunting sled and a trail sled when I do not want to ride the mountain sled. Mine has a 136 1.5 inch track with RXL drivers and the large RXL tank. It also has Skidoo plastic ski's and an Arctic Cat tank cover. It is geared down and has an added a handle bar riser.

Attachments

• 20171124_141834.jpg
    20171124_141834.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 41

BeartoothBaron

Lifetime Membership
Nov 2, 2017
Roberts, MT
Good sled, really no big problem areas, just the usual wear and tear stuff. The engine is a Fuji, basically the same thing as the legendary 500 (488) that came out a couple years later. Really nothing bad about them, other than it's a 30-year-old sled, so it's going to ride and handle clunkier than a new sled even if it's been well kept up. Still, plenty of fun to be had depending on your expectations. Standard warning on buying a sled that's been neglected or abused – it's usually not time or cost-effective (I would know).

Premium Features