• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

1993 Jag extra crispy

P
Jan 20, 2009
Hi guys. It's been a little while since I've been here. I bought a new project sled. Previous owner decided to use either instead of fixing the choke and used a little too much one time. It backfired and caught it on fire. How he didn't lose it I will never know. Slowly I am obtaining parts and will keep this updated as things go

Attachments

• IMG_2473.jpg
    IMG_2473.jpg
    282.9 KB · Views: 345
  • IMG_2474.jpg
    IMG_2474.jpg
    190.8 KB · Views: 299
  • IMG_2475.jpg
    IMG_2475.jpg
    209 KB · Views: 308
P
Jan 20, 2009
Thanks. It's been a little slow going so far. Found out the carb on it is junk and appears as if it's not the correct one. It is a 32mm while the book calls for 34mm. I lucked on a NOS for $50 so we will see if I can get it running. Finally got what I feel is the correct harness. Hopefully this weekend I can get the time to play with it.

P
Jan 20, 2009
Got the NOS carb that's correct for the sled mounted over the weekend. Within 4-5 pulls started right up!!! I have to clean out the tank yet. Don't think fuel should look like orange juice

Attachments

• IMG_2501.jpg
    IMG_2501.jpg
    227.3 KB · Views: 167
  • IMG_2500.jpg
    IMG_2500.jpg
    238.7 KB · Views: 194
  • IMG_2499.jpg
    IMG_2499.jpg
    178.9 KB · Views: 189
P
Jan 20, 2009
Well now I'm at a roadblock. I can't for the life of me get this to run. It will fire if I dump fuel down the plug holes until it burns that off. Twice it seemed to run longer and I thought I was good to go only to have it stall and not restart. Here's the list of what I've done:
New NOS carb
New fuel lines
New fuel pump
New plugs
New fuel pickup or that weighted thing in the tank
New crank seals

I didn't replace line in tank because it was still real pliable and seemed fine. I did bypass the petcock and new inline filter. I plan to replace tje inside fuel line and also open up the carb even though it's brand new to check to see if the float is stuck or what. Any other ideas?

P
Jan 20, 2009
UPDATE!!! Appears that I have issues with the replacement lines I ran for fuel. When they get cold they are allowing air to seep in around the nipples they are slipped on. Bought better grade line and will replace them. The previous fuel lines I bought were at a farm place and the lines are suppose to be for lawn tractors. I didn't like them from the start because they are crazy stuff and were a pain to run.

P
Jan 20, 2009
Ok so I have this 98% back together. Was able to do a few yard runs and man, was I impressed!!!! Anyways, I need to know how the lights are wired up. I know I had them before and the brake light is on and working but no headlights. I also need to find out how to wire the factory heated grips too.

Premium Features