• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

help with king cat

M
I have 05 king kat that I put a slp race can on and when i pull over onto the right side it bogs way down. i was told this can would elimenate that and it does not. also I put a maverick 162 onto this sled last year after the attack 20. I like the mav. but i still like the att. what is the better track. I ride deep powder and also the steep and deep. basicly what while get me high on the hill. thanks ahead of time for responding

N

Nate

Apr 22, 2006
Northeast Wyoming/Mission Viejo California
CPI front dump can, comes out around the shock tower. Is it an EFI?

Maverick is good on powder, attack 20 is good in spring time in HC position, but brakes kinda sucked. I straightened mine and got the best of both worlds

D

diggerdown

Apr 25, 2004
Deer Park Wi.
Make sure your exhaust is sealed up good, including the outlet in the bellypan and cut the fuel back. EFI is set rather rich and that adds a lot to the bogging problem. Get a fuel reducer or controller.

A
Nov 26, 2007
Rapid City, SD
Make certain that you fill in any gaps where the can exits the sled with High temp RTV. That is the primary cause of bogging, not because snow plugs the exhaust outlet. The sled bogs because exhaust gets under the hood and into the airbox, decreasing oxygen intake and causing it to run overly rich.

N

Nate

Apr 22, 2006
Northeast Wyoming/Mission Viejo California
it is an efi and I just got this can. my dad has the same problem on his 06 king cat. with the front dump can. how long did it take you to striaghten the track Istill got mine out back.

heat, vicegrips, and 2 pieces of steel and a hose to cool them off. Clamp the steel on the paddle, heat it, bend it further back then straight, then cool. It will memory straight

This is the 2nd case of the CPI front dump Bog, does it cut out on the top end as well?

R

Rush44

Nov 26, 2007
Flathead Valley, MT
I find the Maverick to be too soft of a track. The Maverick does a little better in "spring like" conditions, but the Challenger Extreme is my favorite back country hill climbing track. Those stiff paddles move a lot of snow and you aren't going to lose the lugs on rocks and trees as easily as the Maverick. My buddy had a Maverick on his Skidoo XRS and lost almost half his paddles in one season.

M
I find the Maverick to be too soft of a track. The Maverick does a little better in "spring like" conditions, but the Challenger Extreme is my favorite back country hill climbing track. Those stiff paddles move a lot of snow and you aren't going to lose the lugs on rocks and trees as easily as the Maverick. My buddy had a Maverick on his Skidoo XRS and lost almost half his paddles in one season.

I have not lost any paddles yet 1500 miles and have been climding in the rocks and trees.
thanks for the input guys

B
Dec 14, 2007
Wasilla
diggerdown;142001 and cut the fuel back. EFI is set rather rich and that adds a lot to the bogging problem. Get a fuel reducer or controller.[/QUOTE said:
My 06 runs rich. So rich in fact that at an idle it will make your eyes water. I've never heard of putting on a regulator, does this work without affecting the sleds performance?? I have never had any bog problems, except heavy long rides on the right side. Where can I get more info on this or buy such an animal? :confused:

scoop

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
idaho
r/s bog

I have a early 05 kk and tried different exhaust cans and found with stock pipe and no fuel regulating it didnt work so well/ The maping seems to be quite picky and when you alter the exhaust with aftermarket parts/ deep snow, or whatever, the efi's are going to run different. I have had many hours and many dollars invested trying to find what works. I found with stock pipe and gutted airbox, no can ran as well as stock can. I tried only a few and cpi was not one of these so I could not tell you about that can. I then bought the kit to run the exhaust out the shock tower. I did this because the kit came with all the hardware to cover the bottom hole, and the deflector and heat sheild like the 06's had, and the muffler (stocker) that exited out the front. It worked better than the bottom exit but still bogged. I then bought a used speedwerx single for cheap and tried it. It worked well with the efi. I could feel the power increase and seemed more crisp, but was always unsure because my piston wash was all over the place, from real rich to borderline lean on the top. so I bought a used bd box and tuned it in with that. Almost no bog, only when I go down steep hills in the deep deep powder or when I am stuck for a short time with the front end burried. I then bought a slp can and cut the single pipe where it bends to dump into the can. pointed it to the front shock tower exit and fabbed the slp can to dump out the shock tower hole. So after a a few different exhaust cans, lots of pissed off miles cause my sled ran poorly, I found the combo that works for me, and it sounds real nice with the SW pipe and SLP can. Not too loud and lots of room under the hood w/ the stock muffler gone. Oh, I forgot to mention after the bd box and being able to tune out the little flaws, I added a rkt head and some boyseen rad valves. I like the way it runs, from boondocking in the deep to climbing with the NEW BIG DOG SLEDS, it runs well. Tons better than when it was stock. I recently tried some twin pipes and they didnt work well. They didnt pull much harder than my single on the high end and I had a hard time tuning in the mid range. I decided i didnt want to compromise the wide band of power for a few, if any, high rpm h.p. Good luck!

Premium Features