• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2006 King Cat owners!!! jump in please.

B
Dec 14, 2007
Wasilla
I am looking for info on upgrades for the 06 King.. I know there are some differences between the 04-05 and 06's. If anyone knows what works on this one please let me know.. Besides the exhaust, what other differences are there. Or is there?? :face-icon-small-hap:beer;

Rixster

Premium Member
Oct 20, 2005
Springville, UT
04-06 are all the same. There are a few small differences but as far as parts they all interchange. the 04 was ONLY carb. 05 you could get either carb or efi. The full production 05 (not snow check or early build) had extrovert drivers on it. You could get fox floats on the 05 if you got a early build or snow check model. The 06 exhaust is the ONLY way to go. There are only a couple companys that build a can for the 06 that really exits out the front. Jaws in one of them and cpi says they are going to (I talk to him 10 days ago). I have also heard rumor that MBRP is going to but when I talk to them they say the one they build for it is a bottom dump (like the 04-05). So the thing to do if you have a 04-05 is buy a 06 right side belly pan from cat and a 06 can from jaws. Works GREAT. I have done it to one of mine now I am going to do the other. I am sure that I have missed something that is a small difference but I cant think of it now.

B
Dec 14, 2007
Wasilla
Thanx for the info rixter, I own an 2006 so I know how hard it is to find a can for it. I have ordered the one from Jaws. The 04's had a different rear skid I'm pretty sure. I think they had the same rails and suspension setup as the 01-03 mountain cat, i.e. the rear of the rails were thicker and had a different spring tension and shock setup. Was reading on the old 4m that with the extrovert drivers and the drop brackets people were stabbing thier tracks!! So now I am a little worried. I guess my question or concern is if I buy something for the 05 king efi, will it work on my 06. Most of the companies I look at for parts don't even list the 06. Makes me wonder?? So this is why I am looking for owners of 06's. But thanx for the input.

S

scaldedcat

Nov 23, 2004
Newman Lake wa
I'm sure the 05-06 are the same except bngs get a slp pipe and can, reeds, slp intake and get ready to have some fun.Huge power gains " you will need a bd box. go to startinglineproducts.com go to ac and exhaust and they have the tuning #s for it it worked super for me. good luck.

B
Dec 14, 2007
Wasilla
I talked to slp and they said they didn't have a pipe for the 06 with the front dump exhaust. Thats why I went with the jaws. Will pick up some reeds for it when I get home. Pipe and bd box will have to come a little later, finances ya know. I'm looking forward to the power they say it gives though. Thanx for the input..

K

kcdavidak

Dec 4, 2007
ketchikan,ak
up grades. swap the track challenger extreme .more of multi condition track gives great grip. still like the attack for allout deep powder.drop brackets are also agood upgrade.and a little juice doesn't hurt either.

Nov 26, 2007
Kent,Wa.
Track?

If it has an Attack-20 I would flip it around to HC position. The track has arrows on it to tell you the direction. If you have it in powder position you won't believe the hookup you'll get. AWESOME! Yes, it will make a deeper trench but, the differance is amazing! -00's

G

Going West

Nov 30, 2007
Canada
the best mod ive done is the forward steering post from cr racing it moves the post to the front side of the hoop. i also really liked the 16 wide maverick you just need to get a set of sled junky drop brackets.K@N filters are also alright. they make jeting easier and i had to go up 3 jet sizes when i installed them so they flow more air. the bigest difference in climb was when we install the vanamburge tunnel but thats alot of work. also reed block spacers seem to help but you need to get the thick ones 1/2 inch

Rixster

Premium Member
Oct 20, 2005
Springville, UT
I also have a 04 1M 900 that is a EFI. But it is a mountain cat model, the 04 king model only came in carb, you could not get a king in EFI till 05.

B
Dec 14, 2007
Wasilla
I thought so too! but i've got to do something about this!

Ok, well obviously if you have an 06 it's efi and there is no jetting. The position of the exhaust dump keeps it from bogging in deep powder cause the exit point is above the snow level. However when you dip hard to the right and bury the front suspension in the snow, ( this is where the exhaust exits ) it still packs with snow and doesnt allow the beast to breath. You can "SOMEWHAT" and I stress that word, eliminate it by making a longer deflecto shield. This has worked ok for me, and the only prob I have now is if I try and do doughnuts to the right for a long time. I have read some posts where guys are making some sort of y pipe with a secondary exit, but I haven't seen a whole lot about it. Hope this helps..

Premium Features