Upgrade to Premium
Polaris: EDGE 2002-2005, all models in the Edge chassis

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2017, 05:05 AM
Currently: Not set.
Basic Member
goosemanx is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 06 340 edge touring stator specs

Anyone have a link to a shop manual for 2006 340 edge touring? Don't mind paying but free is always better
I can find for 06 340 classic and 06 340 Indy touring but not the 06 340 edge touring
Even if someone has stator specs would be good

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 03-29-2017, 11:43 PM
whoisthatguy has a reputation beyond reputewhoisthatguy has a reputation beyond reputewhoisthatguy has a reputation beyond reputewhoisthatguy has a reputation beyond reputewhoisthatguy has a reputation beyond reputewhoisthatguy has a reputation beyond reputewhoisthatguy has a reputation beyond reputewhoisthatguy has a reputation beyond reputewhoisthatguy has a reputation beyond reputewhoisthatguy has a reputation beyond reputewhoisthatguy has a reputation beyond repute

If you have stator problems, either the engine doesn't work or there no power for the accessories. A bad high low beam switch can screw up the engine so that you may think that you have a stator problem. You disconnect that switch and see if the engine runs, it order to check for whether it is bad. If you need serial numbers to by a used stator, go to Carl's Cycle website. A bad thermister on top of the engine will also cause the engine not to work. You can check whether that is bad by disconnecting the connector and inserting a wire that connects the two ends of the electrical harness connector that you just exposed. If the engine then runs, you need to buy a new thermister for about $22.

Old 03-30-2017, 02:11 PM
Basic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoisthatguy View Post
If you have stator problems, either the engine doesn't work or there no power for the accessories. A bad high low beam switch can screw up the engine so that you may think that you have a stator problem. You disconnect that switch and see if the engine runs, it order to check for whether it is bad. If you need serial numbers to by a used stator, go to Carl's Cycle website. A bad thermister on top of the engine will also cause the engine not to work. You can check whether that is bad by disconnecting the connector and inserting a wire that connects the two ends of the electrical harness connector that you just exposed. If the engine then runs, you need to buy a new thermister for about $22.
What is a thermister? I have never heard of that term or know where to even look for it

Old 04-02-2017, 10:46 AM
Currently: Not set
retiredpop has a reputation beyond reputeretiredpop has a reputation beyond reputeretiredpop has a reputation beyond reputeretiredpop has a reputation beyond reputeretiredpop has a reputation beyond reputeretiredpop has a reputation beyond reputeretiredpop has a reputation beyond reputeretiredpop has a reputation beyond reputeretiredpop has a reputation beyond reputeretiredpop has a reputation beyond reputeretiredpop has a reputation beyond repute

Stator specs should be the same as for the 2004 340 touring shown in attachment. The manufacturers don't tend to make electrical changes within the same chassis/ engine combinations year to year. The wiring diagram should be okay to follow too.

Haven't outgrown my 600 yet!

Old 04-02-2017, 04:52 PM
Basic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredpop View Post
Stator specs should be the same as for the 2004 340 touring shown in attachment. The manufacturers don't tend to make electrical changes within the same chassis/ engine combinations year to year. The wiring diagram should be okay to follow too.
Thank you very much

Old 04-08-2017, 03:36 PM
whoisthatguy has a reputation beyond reputewhoisthatguy has a reputation beyond reputewhoisthatguy has a reputation beyond reputewhoisthatguy has a reputation beyond reputewhoisthatguy has a reputation beyond reputewhoisthatguy has a reputation beyond reputewhoisthatguy has a reputation beyond reputewhoisthatguy has a reputation beyond reputewhoisthatguy has a reputation beyond reputewhoisthatguy has a reputation beyond reputewhoisthatguy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by goosemanx View Post
What is a thermister? I have never heard of that term or know where to even look for it
I am referring to the screw in plug on top of the cylinder head cap, with a lead wire that plugs into the main electrical harness, right in front of the coolant hose connection. When the engine over heats or the thermister gets old, then it breaks the electrical connection that either causes the engine to stutter or to not work at all.

Old 04-13-2017, 06:37 PM
Basic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoisthatguy View Post
I am referring to the screw in plug on top of the cylinder head cap, with a lead wire that plugs into the main electrical harness, right in front of the coolant hose connection. When the engine over heats or the thermister gets old, then it breaks the electrical connection that either causes the engine to stutter or to not work at all.
My engine is a air cooled