• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Injector relocate

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
Very similar to the set up I use on my cfi1000.
Flanges are separate and a one piece fuel and injector rail
mounted on top. Built by Brad at PAR. It's nice to have lubed up reeds again.

Agree on the lube. That would have been an option for the Cat TB. Now with an electric oil pump on the AXYS the AC bodies may work. They are also larger.

JMCX

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Alberta
MTNTK's Axys turbo kit uses a 3D printed injector manifold that goes upstream of the throttle bodies.

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
Worked on building a fuel rail again today. Second go, the first one had damper interference issues. Will post a pic when it's done.

Thanks Murph and Val. If this works maybe that would be the way to build these instead of billet.

Last edited:

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
It's hard to contain my excitement over this...even at 03:17 in the am...

Don't overdue that foot injury brother...

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
Bolted it up on an engine on the bench. Looks like I can finish it.
Hope to get it on the long rod shortly.
I decided to go with an external FPR from Cutler.

image.jpg

Last edited:

B&M Fabrications

SnoWest Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Aug 3, 2011
North Branch, MN
www.bmfabrications.com
Will you be able to pilot this when it runs depending on snow or will your foot keep you from riding it?

I'm liking it more. I want to redo my intake setup on my turbo and may opt for this since I really would feel better about the engine longevity.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
Will you be able to pilot this when it runs depending on snow or will your foot keep you from riding it?

I'm liking it more. I want to redo my intake setup on my turbo and may opt for this since I really would feel better about the engine longevity.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Hope to test it when the road opens in the Beartooth's. We can Bluetooth DW to get a feel for what's going on.
Doc and my bride won't let me pilot it so I'll get Justin. If not I'll fire up the Dyno.

image.jpg

Last edited:
S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
If we can work in mine at the same time, I will come out and assist. :face-icon-small-coo I know I am not the Justin you were talking about. Shoot I would just like to be there to learn.

Tony of you get hurt again there may be another sled manufacturing company.

wellfed777

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Oregon
tony thats a bunch of trophies in the background :face-icon-small-hap keep up the good work

mountainhorse said:
TRS said:
Definitely prefer to keep as many stock parts and settings as possible.
With that said, a fuel controller may be needed. Also looking at a larger set of injectors which will force an injector harness build. Darn epoxy.
Thoughts of an external FPR, maybe a rising rate with the signal from the pipe.
Going to install this on my '12 LR. The Dyno will come into play for testing this summer.
A timing key may also come into play.........
Connectors and pins are easily available for this... on both ends of the injector harness.
I think that a rising rate FPR could prove to be a bit unruly and not consistent with a "stock as possible" goal for this N.A. sled.
I am a fan of a more precise FPR than the inexpensive Seimens 'tophat' mini FPR that comes built into the stock PFA.
Lots of factors to play with... Maybe the PC-5 with timing control would come in handy??

THIS is a very cool build thread!!! Great work there Tony...
Swapping the injectors to the opposite cylinder is very creative and should help keep the mechanics of an engine designed as a sequentially fired mill wrapped up nicely. We've always hated blowing hot air at un-lubed reeds - which this is a perfect solution.... My '12 Pro (shown here) liked seeing 11.8:1 at 9PSI on stock injectors running 50/50 AV/91 - just goes to show that bung placement, sensor condition, and turbo setup can lead to very differing readings from one sled to the next!

At first thought, and as MH eluded to, the extra saturation of fuel through the entire case/combustion chamber may enable some drastic changes to ignition timing which the PCV-CDI can deliver for you .... +/- 20* if needed to obtain the most performance out of the newly directed fuel charge. Plus, if you swap to i.e.: 30% larger injectors, we can offset the fuel map with a -30% to keep idle and part throttle performance in check during stratified charge conditions.

Very cool! Can't wait to see what your testing reveals....

a748f7ad-2491-4984-b4b8-8961f4add0d8_zpskvesiiq9.jpg

Premium Features