• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

EVO Upgrade Kit for Factory MPI Vipers are coming soon

E

Evolution Powersports

Nov 23, 2006
Evolution Powersports has developed an upgrade kit for the OEM MPI Viper Turbo Kits.

Our kit is designed to upgrade the boost from stock levels for the factory kit to 9 lbs (true) of boost at any elevation. The kit includes a set of (3) 550cc direct replacement, plug and play fuel injectors, a boost T for adjusting boost pressure (electronic boost control is optional) and an ECU Reflash which changes the timing to a more boost friendly curve, raises the rev limit to 9800 and corrects the fueling for the additional boost. This kit is 91 Octane safe.

The basic kit with will have a retail price of $1199.00 and is a dyno verified 35 horsepower gain over the OEM kit. Also, this kit is EXTREMELY easy to install - it can be done in less than 30 minutes whereas fuel pump upgrades are very difficult and time consuming on the Viper. The larger injectors are capable of supplying enough fuel for 260+ hp with the stock fuel pump and regulator.

The kit will be easily upgrade able as we plan to develop a Stage 2 with 250 horsepower for next season which will consist of an air to air intercooler and more boost.

Eric at the Racin Station and a few other select dealers will be testing the kit within a week or so.

Dynos and videos of the dyno and field testing will be posted soon.

V

vector boy

Jan 5, 2008
Norfolk, NE
Few questions.
1. Will this work with the MPI EBAC as the 2016 factory kits come this?
2. For the guys running a 2016, will you be offering a "fix kit" for the rods? (Rumors are that MPI will have a fix kit available sometime)
3. Will clutching specs be available, or are consumers on their own?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

E

Evolution Powersports

Nov 23, 2006
Few questions.
1. Will this work with the MPI EBAC as the 2016 factory kits come this?
2. For the guys running a 2016, will you be offering a "fix kit" for the rods? (Rumors are that MPI will have a fix kit available sometime)
3. Will clutching specs be available, or are consumers on their own?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

We have not done any testing on the 2016 models yet.

Clutching recommendations will be provided or a complete clutch kit will be available as an option. More than likely only a primary spring change will be necessary.

ACTM7

Premium Member
Feb 15, 2008
GEMS

I take it the GEMS will still control boost fuel?

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
Yes, of course there are benefits if you have the stage 1 upgrade. The rev limiter is raised and timing has been altered. Bigger injectors allow for higher boost levels.

E

Evolution Powersports

Nov 23, 2006
Hey guys,

A little update for you, we have been working on this kit however we have had quite a few set backs that are keeping us from finishing it. The sled we have been testing this on was a higher mileage sled and had parts failures keeping us from finishing the last little bit of tuning needed to release this product. We are working on getting a brand new sled setup for finishing this kit.

We have the kit ready to sell for low elevation setups. Above 6000ft elevation we have a stumble we are trying to get out before we can set you guys up. Were so close, it just needs that last little touch to be perfect.

Thanks

Evolution Powersports

Y

yamahajohnson220

Jan 4, 2008
Was it internal engine failures? Not trying to stir the pot, just curious. If you don't want to comment it's fine and I understand.

05M7

Jan 2, 2008
Was it internal engine failures? Not trying to stir the pot, just curious. If you don't want to comment it's fine and I understand.

I have been with a couple of times when they were working on this project. I know a lot of time was lost when a stock header blew out and wasn't caught for a while. And the last time I was with the starter went out. Id call it crappy luck, some things ya just cant control.

R
Oct 17, 2008
Williams Lake B.C.
Any updates on this kit Evo and would WKM in Alberta Canada be able to do the reflash on the ecu, eabc and gems boxes and supply the rest of the kit as I'm in BC, my riding ranges from 3-8000' but will be primarily 5-7000' and what hp levels will be the ceiling with the stock MPI charge box and what would they be with your upgraded intercooler and will the 180/190 standard MPI turbo and waste gate be able to support this without any changes?

M
Feb 25, 2008
Creston B.C.
Any update on this? I am very interested in this reflash. If I'm gonna do the reflash to make it start and run better might as well get the hole deal and have more boost. I would also like an intercooler aswell. Some vids of the upgrade would be great also.

E

Evolution Powersports

Nov 23, 2006
Any update on this? I am very interested in this reflash. If I'm gonna do the reflash to make it start and run better might as well get the hole deal and have more boost. I would also like an intercooler aswell. Some vids of the upgrade would be great also.

The upgrade kit is available but not released on our website yet. With any questions regarding the kit give Kyle a Call at our shop. We are also working on an upgraded intercooler kit for it as well. Hoping to have everything finished up for it very soon.

Premium Features