• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Boondocker air filter

shadow conspiracy

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Quesnel, B.C.
Is it worth while putting on one of these type air filters that stick out of the hood. I know yoevo makes a nice set up but not really interested in going that way.

JustBoostIt

Lifetime Membership
He had bought one that I had put together. I sold a couple dozen of those set ups in '12 before Evo had theirs made. Works very well, costs a little less but takes a little more time to do so it all works out. I used a 2.5" 45 deg silicone elbow off the stock plastic 90. Doing the BD you will need to extend the crankcase breather line from the elbow that used to plug into the back of the filter. 3/4" hose from the elbow to the blank nipple on the plastic 90, just need to cut the end of it to open it up.

Had one guy that said he had problems with it getting collapsed when snow was heavy and over the windshield. Nobody listened to him thou because he said the snow was over the windshield and he was complaining lol.

UtahEdge

Premium Member
Sep 19, 2003
Syracuse, Utah
He had bought one that I had put together. I sold a couple dozen of those set ups in '12 before Evo had theirs made. Works very well, costs a little less but takes a little more time to do so it all works out. I used a 2.5" 45 deg silicone elbow off the stock plastic 90. Doing the BD you will need to extend the crankcase breather line from the elbow that used to plug into the back of the filter. 3/4" hose from the elbow to the blank nipple on the plastic 90, just need to cut the end of it to open it up.

Had one guy that said he had problems with it getting collapsed when snow was heavy and over the windshield. Nobody listened to him thou because he said the snow was over the windshield and he was complaining lol.

Where did you get your silicone elbows from?
I would die for some over the hood snow right about now.:face-icon-small-ton

Premium Member
Dec 17, 2007
British Columbia
They work great, gets nice cold air to the sled. The biggest gain tho is not dealing with cats filter design, makes the hood a lot easier to take off and put on. Can also get rid of lots of the plastic under the hood allowing more air flow. Only had my BD filter choke out a couple times, been a good set-up for deep pow days.

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
A BD filter is a fine option if you are not going to be riding in trees or don't mind cutting a hole in a hood panel. The advantage of the EVO V-flow is that the snowmobile appears stock and pulls air into the sled in the stock air intake locations which have alot filtered intake surface area.

The stock filter is more than a pain!

R

ReaperMotorsports

Mar 19, 2009
Mantorville, Minnesota
Cyclops LED has nice lights and rigid industries does too. Cheap is not better in the case of these lights they work awesome. And for BD filter mount it on the Evo cold air intake places them out of harms way and no holes in the hood

Premium Features